android
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Default I really like the I9 vs the J3

I picked up both the I9 and J3 a few months ago. I got the I9 first, the interface bugged me and the size made me feel like I was missing something. So I picked up the J3 which is a beautiful device. Now after a few months in the ear I find myself leaning to the i9 for the size. They both sound the same with my Weston I earsets, but I canít get over the Bang to size ratio of the I9. Also I find I never use the video feature in the J3. This is a great value and if you are on the fence get the I9!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 AM

I have the i9 as well and no question it's a great player, but the lack of expansion slot is it's biggest draw back IMHO.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-22-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I have the i9 as well and no question it's a great player, but the lack of expansion slot is it's biggest draw back IMHO.
yup, my opinion as well. i would have gotten myself an i9 if they had released a 32 gb version, plus a (micro) sd slot. it's got a nice form factor, that's the most compelling "feature".

but then again i really don't think that this player is the best bang for the buck and "capacitative" tactile controls isn't my thang either.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-22-2010, 11:55 AM

The controls arenít bad and easy to use without any issues, the sq is the same as the s9, j3 and others, so if one needs 16gb or smaller itís a very nice form factor. I really think that cowon should take this product to the next level when the next replacement comes along as I like many others donít care for video/apps/ect and would rather see a focus on music and expansion on a player this size.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:07 PM

yeah, too bad, product designers tend to rather listen to themselves speaking than listening to what the consumer wants.

i, too, would much rather have a high capacity (32GB+) flash mp3 player with expansion slot, with a decent screen and good mileage than having to order a 3.3" pmp (J3).

a iaudio7/i9/J3 hybrid would be most likely ugly, but functional.

i7's battery (or J3, ofc )
i9's design and size
J3's tactile controls

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-22-2010, 12:15 PM

I still have an i7 and love it, sure it looks fuggly when you first see it but after a short use period you either love or hate it. Even though the design is a bit different, I really like it ... my i7 opinion here.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I still have an i7 and love it, sure it looks fuggly when you first see it but after a short use period you either love or hate it. Even though the design is a bit different, I really like it ... my i7 opinion here.
i know, i know. i helped my sis choose her iaudio 7.
i'ts a decent device, but i don't like the size... too much of an usb stick. the screen is a little to small and most of all, i can't stand the controls.