android
Old 10-23-2010, 03:44 AM

Default Is there usb i/o

I have not been able to spot anything to permit reading or writing via usb.
Is it possible?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2010, 04:13 AM

For what I know, that's a no. We are very enclosed in the player with what we can do.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 10-23-2010, 04:28 AM

Thank you Habhome. I am very disappointed. Just a simple way to communicate with the outside world other than touch would be so useful. The device obviously contains such software, so I wonder why 'they' don't make it available from the API.
Ah well!

Old 10-23-2010, 05:07 AM

I think they're afraid of us jailbreaking the device and start using their hardware and pretty much design our own firmware. It must be something like that. OR they're afraid we'll just break the firmware accidentally if given too much space to roam.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:10 AM

Yes, there is always a sinister side. I guess I will have to use a PPC instead. Thanks.

[Edit] It did just occur to me, can I access any of the uploaded music? If so could something be uploaded 'as if' a music file and then accessed as data etc. I do appreciate that it is one way but that is all I want, a data file up,loaded and then used.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:37 AM

No I don't think you can go above the folder for the application. Or at least not outside the Apps folder. I think at least. Our directory functions are limited as well I think.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:39 AM

OK final thank you.