android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 PM

I know it's been two years but I thought I'd take 5 minutes and post that this also happened to me. However, it happened right at start up. I did something I usually don't do, which is to hit the lower left button well before start up had completed (upon turning the zenV:m on). That may not have caused it of course.

So then the screen says switching to A/V out display and goes black, even though all I've got is headphones plugged in and they were in before the player was turned on. I hooked it up to the PC, and the PC recognizes it like normal, but still no lcd display. Then I turned the player off while it was connected to the PC (of course I had already tried turning it off and on before connecting it to the PC), disconnected it from the PC, turned the player back on and the screen's lcd was finally working again. Strange.

But I appreciate the suggestion to just turn the a/v out function off in the photo/video options menu...I don't use that feature anyway and that may stop the problem from reoccuring.

I've had this player for probably 4 years now and I still love it (though my next one will be smaller). Drag and drop functionality and no proprietary "you'll do it our way" Apple stuff.