android
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Default Failure to dock Zen X-fi

Hello. I'm having a weird problem (or at least it seems weird to me) with my Zen X-fi and was wondering if anybody could clue me in on what to do...

The problem is that my computer doesn't recognize my Zen X-fi anymore. It worked fine a week ago, now suddenly, it doesn't. It charges, no problem there, I just can't access the files on it. There's nothing wrong with my MP3-player, i tried hooking it up to other computers and it works like a charm, so it's no huge problem, it's just that I'd rather not go through the hassle of first moving my music to another computer every time I want to add it to my player. Besides, this really bugs the sh*t out of me.

Anyway, I did some research, and as I understand it, somethings wrong with the driver. So I checked the device manager. And sure enough, net to my Zen X-fi there was a little yellow exclamation mark. So I tried to update and reinstall it (even popped the little CD that came with the player in), and here is where I stop understanding what the hell is going on: It works, my computer recognizes the player, I can access it through "My Computer", get the pop-ups etc. But it only lasts for about 5-10 seconds, then it all disappears and it's back to just charging it.

I'd really appreciate some help with this because it's really going on my nerves :-/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]