android
Old 10-30-2010, 12:44 PM

Default New apps?

Where all are the new apps? usually theres a new one at least every omth but theres like NONE

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

2 words 1.school 2. life

I for one am in school and that requires a lot of time. Another thing is activities, we do not just program we do have other things going on in our lives. I for one have just about finished ballbounce i just need to finish the menu then the levels which are the eisist part(might even let other dev. work on levels) i just don't have the time to work on my game right now. One other thing a quality app takes time, it is not something you can just do in a few days or a week or so. A quality game can takes months if a put alot of effort into it. When i was just starting i could get an app done soon only because the apps werre extremly simple and not all that great, i.e.:zencount(so simple and it has many really simple bugs lol) If you want apps with crappy quality then sure then there will be more but crappy quality

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

side note thread should be moved out of "Download Zen X-Fi2 Games & Applications"

Old 10-30-2010, 01:22 PM

[Thread moved out from finished games section to apps and development]

For me it is lots in life keeping me busy. For those who don't know, I can say I have a girlfriend whom I try to meet as often as possible since it's a long distance relationship, I have a hobby, I train target shooting and compete on a national level (5th best Field Target shooter in Sweden this year). I have also recently begun my university studies at a computer science program where I have to work 8 hours á day on school related projects, learning programming technology even better so that I in the future can make even more awesome programs.

And to finish, this is STILL and will ALWAYS be freelance projects. Nobody will be paid for making apps for this device and therefore we can't put much time into it, we have to make a living too. Please keep this in mind and don't try to rush development. Give good feedback and encouragement.
(One suggestion to get releases is giving feedback on an old app by a still active developer, this might produce an update for the app, since that requires less time)
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 10-30-2010, 01:33 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Quote:
(One suggestion to get releases is giving feedback on an old app by a still active developer, this might produce an update for the app, since that requires less time)
very true updates a very quicker then making a whole new app. It seems like alot of the developers we started off with left as well.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 AM

For me, the devices possibilities are way too limited.
Plus, as you guys already said - no time

Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaPx64 View Post
For me, the devices possibilities are way too limited.
Plus, as you guys already said - no time
Yeah, the limitations are a bit of a turn-off too for the development. It's a pain when you get an idea and then you realize: "But... I can't do this... Or that...". I have a friend who is pretty proficient in LUA, unfortunately he'd be uninterested in this due to the limitations I believe.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 10-31-2010, 03:26 PM

The player may perform better than you are giving credit. I'm surprised by how Colonization runs on the actual device. As of now, every update the screen is filled with a colored rectangle, map tiles are drawn from an image (at least 8 tiles, often more), a sidebar with text showing all the resources gathered, worker movement is updated, and workers are drawn, and I haven't had any problems with lag yet.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:28 PM

That's true, the device is capable of drawing huge amounts of images (even with alpha channel) very fast, but when it comes to input processing the OS fails miserably (touch.move is extremely slow, the accelerometer *could* be way more accurate). But unfortunately user interaction/input is the most important component in an application.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:43 PM

touch.move isn't particularly slow, it just outputs way too much and clogs up the queue (I'd rather say touch.move is too fast for the player). I think we fixed that problem already, Cilmaviel first suggested a simple clear-queue script some time ago and others are using that, or variations of it, to overcome this.

And yes the accelerometer untamed is all over the place like a hooligan on amphetamines but Tetrajak and Diddykong13 have written filters for it which make it very usable.