android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP62 View Post
I know my Zune software wants to upgrade, but everything is running perfectly fine and I am not planning on upgrading. I cannot find the software version, but believe it to be 4.2. In any event my Zune device is using firmware version 3.30. See the enclosed photo of my Z30 which shows the equalizer with set settings. It is also present on my Z80(120).

I wonder if the recent software version deleted the equalizer. Can anyone who upgraded the software (which upgrades the device firmware) confirm this?
OK, when you open your Zune software, click on Settings near the top right of the window. Then click on General (last link at bottom of list on left). Then click on the About Zune button under Information. My software is version 4.7.1404.0.

My Zune firmware version is also 3.30. It shows (39) right after (maybe the build number), and then Bootloader 1620 below. What does yours say for those two numbers?

Well, that is a bummer that the new software may have deleted the EQ. While I would have liked to have the EQ, in all honesty the sound is much better than I anticipated. In the car, I use the head unit EQ (I have been using the DLO Transdock that I picked up from Newegg for $3), so that is not a problem. With headphones the sound is very nice, though I must admit I am not using the stock buds that came with it. Those are saved in a drawer for the next airplane flight when I don't want to be using my nice cans while falling asleep in "public".

Tags
2.5, application, zune 80