android
Old 11-09-2010, 06:44 PM

cool looks like those leming or whatever games lol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-09-2010, 06:44 PM

development is sure getting way more advanced

Old 11-10-2010, 12:50 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Unfortantly (Redwolf and I) have to redo the engine, the player itself can not handle the size of the array we needed for our collision syste,

Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
Unfortantly (Redwolf and I) have to redo the engine, the player itself can not handle the size of the array we needed for our collision syste,
Did you look into my suggestion? And as I said in PM, feel free to juggle ideas with me, I may not have much time to program myself, but I can always spare a few minutes to talk.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 11-10-2010, 04:58 PM

A tile system would work yes, that is one of our ideas but more of a last resort, we were thinking (and testing) with the idea of not doing a array for the whole backround but only each componet( ie: the rock image has its own array) So that way we check if the penguin enters the images using a rectangle collsion check then active a code that will get where the penguin is according to the x and y of the image(right now the engine for this is really buggy)

Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 PM

Ok, sounds like a lot could go wrong with only tiny logical flaws. I wish you all luck in managing that though. I think the biggest issue is in the transition between your component arrays, but I'm not the one to say =P If you guys need another brain, don't hesitate to contact the rest of us.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Lightbulb Pingus Alpha Demo

OK after a long time jbob182 and I have a new idea and we have developed a new engine. This old engine have thousend of elements and so the player can´t handle this big array. Our new Engine have just some elements and with information like x,y,width,height,type and this new engine works!
Here is a new video of the integration with the new engine:

Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 PM

If this really works like this on the player that's really awesome.

Great work guys!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:28 PM

We have been trying differnt ideas for awhile for a new engine , and redwolf thought of this one, so looks like my overhead shooter will be postponed for a little while.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just tested it on the player and........WORKS!(finally). just a couple of bugs to fix and it will be running pretty smoothly.

Last edited by jbob182; 01-15-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:45 AM

Really nice! I feel completely outrun now =P

Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM

wow, it looks it works really well. Good job, Guys.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Here is a quick video update of Pingus-Xfi2, Developed by RedwolfHome and I. We have been making great progress this month.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Yeah! Awesome work. I´m sure that game will make a lot of fun : )

Old 02-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Looks great. Just a few questions.
How is the precision of hitting the moving pingus on the device? I know I had trouble with that in Mac Attack, although my objects moved faster, and was coded in a single afternoon =P
Having to always re-select which skill to assign seems tedious and easy to miss, any chance to fix that? I remember that in the original Lemmings at least it wasn't necessary, never played Pingus.
Also, was it just me or did one Pingu get stuck in the ground as you gave him a parachute right when he was about to land in the "Dig and float" level?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
How is the precision of hitting the moving pingus on the device?
The precision is surprising good, a stylus really helps when playing Pingus.
Quote:
Having to always re-select which skill to assign seems tedious and easy to miss, any chance to fix that?
We do plan on adding this feature.

Quote:
Also, was it just me or did one Pingu get stuck in the ground as you gave him a parachute right when he was about to land in the "Dig and float" level?
You are correct, we are still perfecting our collision system, some of which we might need to optimize because on the player, if any more then 12 penguins are on the screen it starts to slow down.

P.S. We have added a very special feature: an auto updater, that checks for and installs the latest version of Pingus.

Last edited by jbob182; 02-25-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 AM

And how exactly does this auto updater work? I mean, ZEN doesn't have an internet connection.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Currently it is a windows program that must be run manually, but we might change it so it will auto run when you plug in your zen.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:36 AM

That would be especially useful if it wasn't confined only to Pingus, but if you also opened it up to other developers to use in their games. I've often thought it would be great to have one program that updates games, and maybe highscores so you can compete with other users. You beat me to it

Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 AM

The system is based off of a sample i found online though i had to do a bit of research/ looking for the proper dll's and modding to have it update a zip file and only what is needed.

I can try and make an: auto update maker if people wanted it.

Also, due to limited capabilities the installer will remain manual, no auto runs. Which does have a lot of advantages as well.

Also, i could make a "bulk updater" and maybe work with Xeroo to use his site to host the required files i need for the updater. Then we could just have 1 updater for all the games. Only if people would want this though.

Using highscores would not be a problem either because i have made an ftp uploader program which could be intergrated for highscores, but once again, only if people would want it.

This is what the bulk updater could look like: ( where the checkboxes represent which game you want to check for an update.)(Though, the user would have to first download the game, before they could use the updator)
Attached Images
File Type: png previer.PNG (19.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by jbob182; 02-25-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Would it be possible to use "autorun.inf" the same way as on CDs?
Just an idea. Then you'd need only to make the updater itself work without any user interaction so it would become fully automated.