android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idivorceyou View Post
The main memory has, in the music directory, my party songs directory, split into 3 subdirectories of approx. 500 songs each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Are you saying that you have three folders with about five-hundred songs in each folder? If so, I suggest you use subfolders in these three folders—twenty songs per subfolder. If you have any other large folders, whether in internal memory or external memory, put the songs in subfolders—twenty per subfolder—and see if the refresh is quicker.

Try organizing your music files as recommended by Rockbox—folders to act like artist folders and subfolders to act like albums. Put twenty songs in each “album.” I have my music organized like the way done by Marvin the Martian—the way recommended by Rockbox
I think you should follow Enigmatic's advice here....and if you still want to be able to access those songs as your party songs, you could do it by using MP3Tag to change their genre to "party" then you could play by genre with the database.