android
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Default One Line of Screen not responding

hi,

I know loads of people appear to be having problems with their touch screens dying after about a year. I have had my P3 for about 16months and the touch screen does appear to be dying but in a different way to how everyone else's has died.

Rather than coners of the screen starting to go mine has broken on a specific 'line' in the screen (the one where shuffle appears on the 'now playing' screen) so i can't click on anything that falls within this band. It happened last night but a simple connect to the computer fixed it but today its gone again and that's not working.

I've reloaded the firmwire and reset it but to no avail. Is this the same thing that everyone else is experiencing or a different problem. Its pretty annoying as a live with my music on shuffle but listen to a lot of audio books to so regularly switch between the two options.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM

If you know that others are having problems, you should also know that the best suggestion thus far is to send it back to Samsung for repair or get a new mp3 player. Your issue seems to be in line with other reports...a region of the screen goes bad. What region is unimportant because its probably the beginning of the end.

You could tear it down and see if you can observe any issues with the touch screen. This would increase the knowledge of 'the community' but probably won't result in a fix.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 AM

I know I asked this on another thread, but has anyone bothered sending an out-of-warranty P3 back to Samsung? What kind of service did you get? What costs were associated with it?

Lebellium or others, does Samsung realize that the touch screen issue seems to be a very common occurrence, and have they made any customer accommodations?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maixiu View Post
I know I asked this on another thread, but has anyone bothered sending an out-of-warranty P3 back to Samsung? What kind of service did you get? What costs were associated with it?

Lebellium or others, does Samsung realize that the touch screen issue seems to be a very common occurrence, and have they made any customer accommodations?
sorry for not having spent more time answering question on this forum, but I can answer these. yes.
I sent my P3 in to samsung for repair when it was out of warrantee, and it now works. I got back within a reasonable amount of time, and I don't really have any complaints. that, and they fixed it for free.
I don't know if that has changed, but I got great service from them.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:57 PM

Ok i just wanted to check it wasn't a different problem to the others. Have sent off a service request to Samsung (I'm assuming this is what you do to be able to send it off to them for repair?)

Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the answer, Electron. I'll contact Samsung tomorrow and see what they say. My touch screen is fairly shot.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Well just got a reply back from samsung telling me to that the touch screen dying 'isn't a common problem' apparently....

Electron- How did you go about getting yours repaired, samsung have just told me to contact RepairTech limited to try and get them to sort it out.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spantastic View Post
Well just got a reply back from samsung telling me to that the touch screen dying 'isn't a common problem' apparently....

Electron- How did you go about getting yours repaired, samsung have just told me to contact RepairTech limited to try and get them to sort it out.

Did you expect them to say, "Yeah, these things break all the time?" Judging by the referral, you must be in the UK or EU.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM

i have this exact same problem; there is a line in the middle of the screen, right around where the "music play screen" option is. The problem with this is that it makes scrolling very difficult.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 PM

Now i can say for sure that this problem not connected with firmware or main board, because after main board replacement i still have top right corner of touch screen unresponsive

Old 11-23-2010, 10:00 AM

We'll just say the same thing every time, send it back to Samsung.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
Now i can say for sure that this problem not connected with firmware or main board, because after main board replacement i still have top right corner of touch screen unresponsive
Hi this is my first post so sorry for my english.. Two days ago the upper part of my P3's touchscreen "died" so, because my warranty is not valid anymore, I decided to dismount my player.. Previously I upgraded the firmware but nothing changed.. SoI followed the instructions I found in this forum and gone over.. I cleaned the capacitive part of the screen.. BE CAREFUL! there's a connection between the lcd and the touch part and it's really delicate! Using a small towel and a brush i cleaned every single part of the player and now it works great.. If you want and if I'm able to do that I will post the photoes I have taken..

Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 PM

Thats awesome,please post this photos as they may help a lot of pepople, if this will help others, that mean that this didnt happen accidently. And as i understood you have cleaned the inner side of lcd and touch panel?

Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 AM

Please do post your methods to fix your screen. Mine just started doing this (year & 4 months old P3) and I heard it's only downhill from here.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
Thats awesome,please post this photos as they may help a lot of pepople, if this will help others, that mean that this didnt happen accidently. And as i understood you have cleaned the inner side of lcd and touch panel?
I'll do it as soon as I can

Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM

Default Photoes :)

I've cleaned the back of the touch panel with a brush and a small towelthat i use to clean my sunglasses
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Touch Panel particular.jpg (65.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg Touch panel-lcd connection.jpg (47.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Touch panel.jpg (44.2 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg lcd and touch panel(rear).jpg (33.5 KB, 135 views)

Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortymc View Post
I've cleaned the back of the touch panel with a brush and a small towelthat i use to clean my sunglasses
hmm...mind posting some brief directions for those of us who are technologically impaired?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 AM

Well, ive cleaned the inner side of touch panel and lcd, but it didnt helped.
And i didnt understood about the delicate connection between lcd and sensors.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 AM

My faith in P3 is almost lost.
This is the second time my screen has gotten dead zones. They seem to spread to a larger area once you start to notice them.

I sent my P3 in to samsung about 4 months ago, now the screen is dying again.

I havent got a screwdriver small enough to remove the screen for cleaning, so i'll look into that option later, but I will probably not replace the screen again, coz it will cost me about RM200. (approx USD$70)

It seems to be a heavy investment, this player.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM

I'm not a nerd.. I can only say that after cleaning the touch panel the screen begun to work again.. Sorry I thought that in this way every-one like me coud repair for free their player.. But sadly i was wrong.. If I can find a piece of time I'll make a video and post it on youtube so everyone can see how I repaired my P3..

Tags
broken, died, line, screen, unresponsive