android
Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM

Default Anyone watch movies on their Fuze?

I've read people often say that the Fuze's screen is too small to watch movies on. I've also heard that the movies are jerky.

I was wondering if somebody could tell me who actually owns one what it is like.
Ie if I rockbox a Fuze will my 9 year old daughter be able to watch a movie without getting frustrated with it freezing or blocking? Actual picture quality doesn't really matter. She is only young and doesn't mind as long as she can see what is going on on the screen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think a 9 year old kid will be perfectly happy with the quality. As long as the content is conveyed properly, ultimate quality shouldn't be the primary concern, judging by the kids I know.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 PM

I've had pretty decent results with Rocbox video on my Fuze. I use WinFF to convert the videos and it's pretty painless.

I wouldn't watch entire TV seasons on it or anything, but there have been times when I've been stuck in a waiting room or on the bus and I've fired up one of the few videos I have on it just for a change from my purely audio listening experience.

As long as you guys don't expect a 24 inch screen to magically materialize then you'll probably be satisfied.

P.S.
And just so you're not confused, I use one of the Rockbox-> Sansa e200 presets... I think it's the fullscreen one. The version of WinFF I have doesn't "officially" list the Fuze as a target for conversion, but the fullscreen e200 preset does just fine.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM

I watch movies all the time. I also use the Sanza converter without any problems that seem to bother others on this forum. As long as your movie is saved as a .AVI then the Sanza converter works fine. There is no jerking or any faults. The screen size is what it is, and even with my old eyes it looks fine.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsalad View Post
I've read people often say that the Fuze's screen is too small to watch movies on. I've also heard that the movies are jerky.

I was wondering if somebody could tell me who actually owns one what it is like.
Ie if I rockbox a Fuze will my 9 year old daughter be able to watch a movie without getting frustrated with it freezing or blocking? Actual picture quality doesn't really matter. She is only young and doesn't mind as long as she can see what is going on on the screen.
See my posts at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...62&postcount=2, http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...70&postcount=3