android
Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM

Default Looking for a speaker dock for Fuze(rockboxed)

I heard that only the original firmware can be used on a speaker dock, is it true?

I find two docks which is made for sansa: Altec Lansing inMotion iM510 and iM413. Could Fuze use them? Which one is better?

Is there some other speaker docks?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Since there is no USB support yet for the Fuze. You would have to use the original firmware. Can't speak to the quality on the im510 but the im413 is solid little device.

My Mom had the iPod version of the im510 and it was a bit smaller with no display or remote. Working from memory here but the SQ seemed to be about the same. I haven't been able to find any other Fuze compatible docks but I haven't looked very hard. I'm pretty happy with what this one does.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 AM

Thanks skip252!

Disappointed to hear that rockbox can not be used.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Since there is no USB support yet for the Fuze. You would have to use the original firmware. Can't speak to the quality on the im510 but the im413 is solid little device.
USB is a data port for communicating with PCs. Docks don't use it.

Whats lacking in rockbox is a way to detect that a device is on the line out so that the line out gets powered up (we could force it to always be powered up but this would waste power).

Its probably just a matter of hooking up one of those docks, going to the rockbox debug screen and seeing if any GPIO pins change when inserted into a dock.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 PM

the altec lansing iM413 is no longer available...no longer produced...I check with Altec Lansing..no replacement in the works....any suggestion on a speaker dock for sandisk sansa fuze?

Old 10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmcyna View Post
the altec lansing iM413 is no longer available...no longer produced...I check with Altec Lansing..no replacement in the works....any suggestion on a speaker dock for sandisk sansa fuze?
Unfortunately, nothing more current than the iM413 has been or will be produced. The Fuze+'s lack of a dock port pretty much ensures that dock-related Sansa accessories are now a thing of the past...so it seems the occasional posting on ebay is your best (and potentially only) bet. At the moment, I see one auction for the iM413 (here) and one for the iM510 (here). The only other Sansa speaker docks I'm aware of are the Timex TS70B Clock Radio for Sansa, which I can't find available anywhere, and the Macally IceTune (which was designed for the e200 series players, and I'm not sure will accomodate the Fuze's wider housing). The only place I can find the latter (supposedly) in stock is here (a seller I can't vouch for).

Other alternatives, if you're willing to compromise, would be to use a speakerless Sansa dock -- like the Griffin PowerDock (which is discontinued but can still be found online) or the Sansa Base Station (nowhere to be found at present) -- and an external set of portable speakers...or a non-Sansa-specific speaker dock/speaker system with an AUX-in connection (which would necessitate connecting the Fuze with a cord via its headphone jack). Both of those "solutions" pretty much defeat the goal of a compact, portable, all-in-one sound system for your Fuze, though...

Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Amazon no longer has them has them.(My original link was inaccurate, thanks epithetless!) They were gone for a long time but coincidentally popped back up right around the time the Fuze+ was announced.

Last edited by skip252; 10-12-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Original link was to a similar Zune dock

Old 10-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Linking this relevant thread:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=58063
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Amazon still has them. They were gone for a long time but coincidentally popped back up right around the time the Fuze+ was announced. I wouldn't drag my feet if you want one. They're about $20 more than about a month ago. Most likely when these are gone that's it.
Watch out, that's the iM414 you linked to...(essentially an iM413 with a Zune connector instead of a Sansa one). The iM413 is back to being unavailable at Amazon...

Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Watch out, that's the iM414 you linked to...(essentially an iM413 with a Zune connector instead of a Sansa one). The iM413 is back to being unavailable at Amazon...
Right you are. I'll fix it now. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Universal Connector

Another 'sort of' solution is the ipod to universal adapter which I have found below. they ship internationally for a reasonable price. While it is not quite what you are looking for it could tide you over until one of the very rare docks come along.

http://www.cablejive.com/products/Un...Converter.html

I do not know why someone does not see the opportunity in making a limited number, I did find all the cable diagrams for the connector and a source of parts at one point but do not have the skills to make use of them!

Hope that the link helps.

nui

Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM

Default Timex Sansa dock / alarm clock

I have come across the timex for sale below.

http://www.codemicro.com/store/produ...0B/Refurbished

I would love to get one myself but the p&p is a killer to the UK, like $70.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just found this and it seems they have them in stock
i know nothing about this site

http://www.rockpc.com/index.php/comp...er-system.html