android
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM

Default x-fi sd card question

1. if the SD Card is in tthe palyer cen you listen to music without having to put it on your mp3 first,even if you have to go to another menu?

2. Is it possible to put something from the player on the sd card?

Last edited by skatersan; 04-20-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM

If I remember right the SD slot is nearly useless. You might as well think of it as not being there.

I loaded some music onto an SD card to test out how it works (so I could be sure to tell you exactly how it works) but when I turned on the player it told me that it was out of batteries. It's charging now, I'll try to remember to come back to this thread in a little bit...

Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 AM

I checked it out. There is a separate "Memory Card" menu. Once you enter the menu the regular music playback stops. If you choose "Browse" in that menu you can navigate the folders and choose songs (or videos or images presumably) to play individually. When the selected song ends the player will stop. Completely stupid.

There is an "Import All" option. It presumably is supposed to import all the files into the internal memory. I clicked it, but as far as I can tell it didn't copy the music from my card... When I tried to browse the card it told me that there wasn't a card in it. I guess it's possible the contacts didn't meet up properly or something, but it was fully inserted and snapped in.

I suppose this could be a good feature for people who want to copy files off of the SD cards from their digital cameras... Or if you have friends with SD cards full of music that you want to copy.

I'm not a Creative hater... In fact, I think the X-Fi is a fine player for the most part as long as you take the player for what it actually is, not what it says on the box. In addition to the SD slot being nearly useless the Wi-Fi is also useless. The headphones are downright decent, the speaker is convenient sometimes, it has song rating support, cheap/good capacity, nice screen, above average UI (both the menu structure and the physical buttons), etc. - it's not all bad.

...I wish I was forced to hit the reset button less frequently though.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:33 AM

doe you have to press the reset hole even your listening music or just on the wifi.

an is it possible to us a MS Card in a adaptor in the zen x-fi

Old 04-24-2010, 05:11 AM

I don't come on here quite as often as I used to, sorry for the delayed response....

I very, very rarely use the Wi-Fi, so I can't say whether it makes the player freeze more often or not. Usually when mine freezes is when it's running low on batteries, when I'm trying to sync, or after disconnecting or connecting it to my computer - all things I would call "normal" use. I've probably reset the player 30 times.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 AM

ok thanks. i think i am just gonna buy a zen mozaik 16GB

Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM

I have a question:

When you save a song to your zen does it save to the sd card too? If it doesn't I feel like such an idiot.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRanger View Post
I have a question:

When you save a song to your zen does it save to the sd card too? If it doesn't I feel like such an idiot.

No it doesn't.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 AM

Can you insert the x-fi SD card into a computer? Because it seems every time I try to search through its files through USB connection I can't find the songs I want. My laptop recently died and all my music is on my MP3 player so I was just thinking maybe I can retreieve it off the SD card?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_rocker View Post
Can you insert the x-fi SD card into a computer? Because it seems every time I try to search through its files through USB connection I can't find the songs I want. My laptop recently died and all my music is on my MP3 player so I was just thinking maybe I can retreieve it off the SD card?
You should be able to, Mine has a sd card slot and I have done this with pictures and music, so there shouldnt be a problem? When you insert it into your pc a list will open, choose the relevant one and it should open your songs list. Then just copy to a file.