android
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Default Screen Protector Template

Hello
I have been visiting here off and on for a while but finally joined so I can share a screen template that I created for the Fuze. I a on my 2nd 8G Fuze V2. The first failed a few months after I got it while on a trip to China . Beware of cheap chargers that claim to be 110 - 220V compatible. This may of had something to do with the failure though I have heard of others failing in the same way (won't power on and gets very hot when charging). This made for a long 13 hour flight home.

While I had the first one, I was dismayed by how the screen scratched so easily. My son uses an Invisishield on his i--- and it is an impressive product. Since Invisishield doesn't make a custom screen protector for the Fuze, I thought I'd make one. Zagg has some "Blowout" deals on Invisishield for various discontinued phones and devices (75% off). I just chose a phone that I knew had a big screen and would provide plenty of material. Then I created a template and scaled it for my printer (HP LaserJet 5). I used an Exacto blade to make the appropriate cut-outs. The Invisishield is pretty tough to cut, so use a strong blade. The final result fit perfect.

You may need to adjust the scale a little for your printer as they are all a little different but the proportions should be the same. Do some test prints and compare against your Fuze before cutting material.

If the jpeg is problematic for scaling, I can try to make a PostScript of PDF.
Enjoy
Stan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Face.jpg (38.6 KB, 27 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]