android
Old 05-24-2010, 05:49 PM

Default Sony NWZ-E344 won't boot

My Sony NWZ-E344 won't boot, it just stays on the "Walkman, Every moment has its music" I have tried to reset it and it hasn't fixed the problem. Also it won't connect to my computer correctly, I plug it in and every time windows update will come up and will try to reinstall the driver, after reinstalling the driver if I try to copy anything onto it it will say that the device has been disconnected or isn't functioning properly. I have tried reinstalling the firmware that I got from the Sony site but after I do the first few steps it will never recognize that the mp3 player is connected. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and also any possible fixes?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey, very sorry for your troubles. I know of no other way to perform a reset of the device other than what you have done.

Have you contacted Sony?
http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/sup...pl?mdl=NWZE345

Their Live Chat is available 24 hours a day I believe.

Good luck and if you can, post back any help from Sony on this issue so others may benefit.

-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Default Almost identical problem with an E345

I have a very similar situation with an E345. The only sign of activity on the startup screen is that the four dots on the lower right of the LCD make a moving pattern. None of the buttons, including the Hold switch and Volume controls on the side, get any response.

When I connect it to my computer (a PPC Mac), a circle made up of two arrows appears on the screen, with the following text below it:

Connected USB.
The Timer and Alarm will
become invalid.

The battery charge symbol in the lower right is active, but rest of screen is frozen.

On the Mac, the only recognition of the device is the following in System Profiler:
WALKMAN:

Product ID: 0x03fc
Vendor ID: 0x054c (Sony Corporation)
Version: 0.01
Serial Number: [32 hex digits]
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Sony
Location ID: [not relevant]
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
I don't know how to get the firmware for this (original or upgraded) so that I can try reinstalling it -- even if I have to commandeer somebody's Windows computer to do so. Also, is there a recovery mode for these?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Default Have you found a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons510 View Post
I have a very similar situation with an E345. The only sign of activity on the startup screen is that the four dots on the lower right of the LCD make a moving pattern. None of the buttons, including the Hold switch and Volume controls on the side, get any response.

When I connect it to my computer (a PPC Mac), a circle made up of two arrows appears on the screen, with the following text below it:

Connected USB.
The Timer and Alarm will
become invalid.

The battery charge symbol in the lower right is active, but rest of screen is frozen.

On the Mac, the only recognition of the device is the following in System Profiler:
WALKMAN:

Product ID: 0x03fc
Vendor ID: 0x054c (Sony Corporation)
Version: 0.01
Serial Number: [32 hex digits]
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Sony
Location ID: [not relevant]
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
I don't know how to get the firmware for this (original or upgraded) so that I can try reinstalling it -- even if I have to commandeer somebody's Windows computer to do so. Also, is there a recovery mode for these?
I have the same problem. Did you find a soution for it? Thanks.

BK

Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 AM

Lightbulb

Try a different USB cable.
I have a NZW-E344 and I had the same problem. I struggled for a few days, different computers and OS's. The fix was simply to change the USB cable.
I found that the cable coming with the player was no longer good (checked with diff device). In the many years of using electronic products I have not seen yet an USB cable to fail so soon (this is a < 1 month old product).
Good luck !

Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM

My 345 is bricked AGAIN -- I tried to connect to PC to charge the other day and the battery indicator did not show charging; that's the sign of trouble. Last time it took a couple weeks to reset itself so I thew the damned thing in a drawer so I won't see the POS for awhile. I really hate this BS -- never happened with ANY of my 'pods....

And stupid me I ordered ANOTHER one to be my primary while one is 'resting' -- ARGH!!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

jabbermacy: man, i think u got a lemon on your hands...

Can you return the thing?

FWIW, since November, I have only had to reset my E345 one time, with near daily heavy usage until July...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 AM

I bought a new sony nwz e 345 and connect it to the computer, after fully charged i try to boot it up... but all i get was the symbol of Wlakman and every moment has its music slogan....

I try to reset the machine but it dosent work... I ry to update firmware but in some point mp3 diconnect itself form usb and connect again at that moment update process FAILS...

when I search the web I saw that you had same problem... Is there anyone who manage to solve it? Do you have any suggestion?

if you had anything that lead me to the solutio, it is more than welcome

Note: I sent u another message like 3 hours ago bur when I look at my sent box I could not see it so I wrote it again

Old 12-27-2010, 06:15 PM

Default Same thing happening here

Turn it on, get the blue splash screen (Logo + "Every Moment Has it's Music") then 4 dots in the lower corner spin around, then it goes blank.

Pressing the reset button on the back simply starts this process again.

Plug it into a USB port on Windows 7, get the usual Connected USB (MTP) screen and shows battery charging. Device manager reports USB MTP Device" with a yellow exclaimation mark. The device page for this reports "Code 10, unable to connect"

Pressing the reset button simply clears the screen, causes the device to disappear from Device Manager list for a few seconds, then the Connected USB screen re-appears on the walkman, and the device with error reappears in the device list.

On Linux, this device usually appears as a flash drive. Now when I plug it in, I get nothing. However it does show up on the USB, but not as a flash drive.

lsusb returns this info:
Quote:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 054c:03fc Sony Corp.
It's there, acting like it's listening, but... I've tried several different USB cables, connecting to different computers and operating systems to no avail.

I have tried holding the center button down overnight, which kept the blue screen on and drained the battery 100%. Plugged it back in and did a full recharge and it repeats these malfunctions.

There's obviously a bug where something is glitching, and it can't repair itself by a hard reset (the reset button) Seriously bad software design on Sony's part. Perhaps the hardware is bricked unless Sony can address this issue and write up an application which can rescue it via USB.

I think with as many reports of this bug, we should urge Sony to address and fix this. It's apparently a defect in manufacturing.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM

My E344's s/n is in the group 5078***. I bought it a year ago but only used it recently. Its &quot;Every moment has its music&quot; fits exactly its behavior, playing music when it feels like it, not the moment you want to listen your music. I see similar complaints all over the web. I list the serial number range to see if others have the same problem. Sony should issue a recall to fix this lemon just as other manufacturers have decency to do so with theirs. How on earth one of the most prestigious brand names like SONY manages to produce a lemon like their Walkman E344?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:33 PM

Default doesnt open

heyy, help me. sony nwz-e344 doesnt open. I cant send anything to mp3 and see anything in mp3. its not open. I press the button blue window is coming says every moment has its music but doesnt open. I reset several time from back but result same doesnt open and I cant send anything to inn.help mee please

Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 AM

i had somehwat the same problem. Its the USB enumerateor in the player itself that doesnt reset to player mode when u disconnect it from puter. Reset wont work. First, make sure its off anytime u plug it into ur puter. You have to plug it back in the puter then unplug it. Then power it on. then it will turn back off. Recharge it using a external ac adaptor meant to charge these little players.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:27 PM

Okay so I have this little issue with my E344 sony walkman mp3 player. I go to open my music folders on my player, and I see a bunch of "unknown" song files, folders, and sub-folders; folders empty, files unopenable. I can't play most of my songs or go to the next without getting an error message saying I can't.

I also can't delete some of the files on my mp3 player; the folders empty, then say they can't be deleted because they're "write-protected" or that the player disconnected or stopped responding, but it goes fine with all the other folders after I skip.

I think that's all... I'm probably forgetting issues from an hour ago because I'm watching tv.

anyone else have any similar issues?

Cat Edit: My brother just found the reformat option on my computer xD

Last edited by AliTatt; 05-26-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 PM

I have this issue with a E436F... except I only get two dots. The USB connection IDs it as MCP Device, then loses it, then IDs it... vicious cycle.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:47 PM

Default Thank you so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me1900 View Post
i had somehwat the same problem. Its the USB enumerateor in the player itself that doesnt reset to player mode when u disconnect it from puter. Reset wont work. First, make sure its off anytime u plug it into ur puter. You have to plug it back in the puter then unplug it. Then power it on. then it will turn back off. Recharge it using a external ac adaptor meant to charge these little players.

You saved me from having to buy a new mp3 player. I followed every single step you gave. My Sony has come back on.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottenc View Post

You saved me from having to buy a new mp3 player. I followed every single step you gave. My Sony has come back on.
I am glad thi worked. Actually it worked for me.... once. Then I connected it to my pc the add more songs (it was turned off), then I am back to the same problem everyone else has.

Surely this can't be acceptable to Sony. I refuse to use a player that is this finiky causing so much frustration. I could try to send it back to the seller I purchased it from on ebay, but somehow I feel that I would have more satisfaction throwing it as hard as I possibly can against the wall.

I had a Sony player a few years back that had a usb built on it. It was slick, just plug it in to the computer and drag and drop songs using windows explorer. I was really hoping to get the same convienence out of this one.

Any recommendations for a different unit?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:46 AM

Finally!!! Problem solved.... with a hammer. Should have learned months ago.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Would really appreciate info where to find tutorial to take apart nwz-e344..
Want to attempt to fix usb connector. Not a matter of money
thanks in advance