android
Old 01-05-2011, 06:12 PM

Default controls are all messed up

My sansas controls are all messed up. When I try to go to the playlist and am about to scroll through it it jumps to the first song and the menus randomly pop up and do things. It's really annoying. The screen will not even turn off since it thinks I am doing things when I am not. Any ideas o how to fix this? It is out of warranty now since it only had like 90 days and was a refurb.
I am starting to lose faith in sandisk sansas this is the 2nd one I have had break with a control/button related issue.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Download the firmware and manually install it on the player. Strange behavior might be due to corruption of the firmware in the player.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 AM

it happens both in the OF and in rockbox could it still be the FW you think. I will try reloading the FW though

Edit: still same problem after reloading fw and formatting

Last edited by mikee; 01-06-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried removing Rockbox before manually installing the original firmware? If so, then I guess it is a hardware problem.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Yeah it has to be a HW problem. I ordered a sansa clip+ online since I have found the wheels on the fuzes I have owned to become problematic after some time. I have owned 2 that both had this problem. I may still try to disassemble the fuze and see what is making it do this.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Yeah it has to be a HW problem. I ordered a sansa clip+ online since I have found the wheels on the fuzes I have owned to become problematic after some time. I have owned 2 that both had this problem. I may still try to disassemble the fuze and see what is making it do this.
I remember on the USA Cowan boards where a fellow couldn't feel the click of the buttons and literally pushed one of the switches off a G2's circuit board. He lucked out when a friend was able to re-solder the switch back on. You might look at how you are using the wheel...I've been gaming on my fuze for six months now. I started with the rockbox games and I'm now into the gameboy roms. I haven't suffered any problems.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM

I do use it to listen to music in the sauna sometimes. Which is what I did a day before I had problems but I used to take in in back in the fall and it came out fine. It does get a lot of use and was almost always in my pocket everywhere I went for the whole time I had it. Right now the wheel barely turns and the back/previous button doesn't work. THe odd thing is if I take a tiny bit of dish soap and rum water on the wheel it frees right up and works but the back button still doesn't. Eventually the wheel jams up again though so it isn't a permanent fix.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
I do use it to listen to music in the sauna sometimes.
This is probably the cause of all your problems. It is generally a good idea to keep MP3 players away from sources of heat and water—e.g., saunas.