android
Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM

Default NWZ-S754 Rant / Review.

Having just recently bought one of these I can confirm that.. I wish I had'nt! I don't profess to know much about MP3 players and I'm no audiophile unfortunatley so I doubt this will be of any help.
This was bought to replace an old creative Vision M, which when paired with my trusty HD555 headphones, I now know works OK. Just looks/feels a lot like a brick though!!!

I was aware that there was a volume issue (30 max) but having read somewhere that the issue was overstated I decidied to get one anyway.
I can now confirm that in a quite room using the packaged IEM's the volume is indeed adequate.

This player is however lacking in a more noisy environment. Please also forget using anything other than In Ear phones (and the noise cancellation gives me head/ear ache).

Overall it feels a bit insubstantial and the buttons are a bit fidely but on the plus side (in a quite room) the SQ is good with a notch clear bass and a notch less of mid to top end.
I was probably expecting too much from this but I was hoping it would drive the HD555 but no luck there I'm afraid!

I don't suppose anyone knows whether this is to be released in US (firmware update)? or whether the cap could be modified via a service menu?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Maybe it's a subjective thing the volume max. Surely, for me, the maximum of s754 is just a Half than it should be. Doesn't matter for me the rest (the button are unconfortable, the annoying noise reduction or headphones that drops from the ears when walking) I just want to listen a song with a good volume, and if i'm the bus that's just impossible.
Unbelievable...

Old 01-09-2011, 03:56 AM

I've just purchased the NWZ-S754, the white one. And I think it's one the best MP3 players I've ever had. The sound is great and it looks beautiful. These are the first earbuds that actually don't fall out of my ears (using the smallest cover). And I've tried a lot. Plenty of choices to enchance the sound. Sounds heaps better than the Creative Labs which I have. The volume is plenty for me, I don't really want to ruin my hearing (owwwww that's why they have the restrictions, for your own safety). So "for me" this is a great player. Good value for money. I would recommend it !!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 AM

Same player here, and actually the sound level is enough for my ears, especially with the stock IEM. It is a little weak when I connect it to my hifi amplifier, or my Sennheiser RS180.

Sound quality is good up to volume setting 26. Then it starts to hiss.
(If you hear a constant hiss at low volume or during pause, turn off noise cancel.)

I wish they had the 16Gb in stock, 8 is a bit small IMHO.

Linux compliant device, nice fit/finish, easy & fast navigation through albums and all.

I'd rate it 8/10.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned

different player here, the A845, but the same EU volume limitation, I'm finding that 20-22 out of 30 is more than adequate using iems.

that's without using rubbish like the dynamic normalizer.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

wrong link