android
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 AM

Default Flac support...

Gee Samsung what have u done?

Flac support is very bad... good, it plays them well, thats good... but there are big problems with the Tags and the Covers.
The Tags will still remain from the last MP3 file i've heard, the songtitle is from the topical Flac, but Album and Artist are from the last MP3...
And the Covers, some work, some others not.

And why the hell is the Emodio software so "unfeatured", u cant even rename a song on the P3 with Emodio or make playlists.
And the P3 support over Windows is also stupid, cause u cant get the songs in Winamp or other Players for renames or providing playlists. (Maybe WMP okay, but the WMP doesn't play FLACs or OGGs)

Samsung have alot to improve, thats for sure.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-30-2009, 09:23 AM

We can only hope they get FLAC support down.
Emodio was discontinued not long ago...

Old 10-24-2010, 05:33 PM

I've got the same thing. I usually move my music files on to the P3 through mediamonkey. Is there a way to get flac tags working? I've heard that it's a problem with windows interfering with the transfer and messing up the tags, not the P3 itself.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 PM

I've not had issues with flac tags. Then again I don't force tag flac with ID3v2 tags (not supported by Samsung or FLAC).

As far as I know the Flac tag doesn't have support for cover art thus the P3 doesn't support cover art on Flac.

Also I only use drag and drop in UMS mode for my music. I've no experience with Sync'ing the P3. That may indeed cause conflicts with flac files and the P3.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Samsung Moderator

Of course the P3 supports album arts with FLAC files
I just use mp3tag to tag my FLAC files.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 PM

I also use mp3 tag, and I have no problems with the album art

Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 PM

FLAC tags will not work due to Windows messing around with the files on transfer. Changing the mode so it views the P3 as a hard drive rather than a player and re-transferring the files fixes this issue.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
FLAC tags will not work due to Windows messing around with the files on transfer. Changing the mode so it views the P3 as a hard drive rather than a player and re-transferring the files fixes this issue.
how do you do that? UMS mode?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 AM

From what I have tested, the P3 fully supports Flac files (play+tags+art) only when they are copied in MSC mode (UMS). What the OP describes is typically the problem faced when Flac files are transfered via MTP.
The OP also complains that he cannot rename files. Renaming files is not supported by the MTP protocol. Changing the name means copying the file a second time and erasing the original. By the way, according to me, as a rule you should always fix everything about your files (name, tags, etc) before putting them on a player and avoid editing them on flash memory.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Mine seems to randomly read the tags correctly, a few albums everything displays properly and others all I can get is the album art and a file name with no actual tags. Rather confusing.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:13 PM

try to retag them with mp3tag or Winamp...maybe your encoder doesn´t wrote the tags correctly....

Old 01-22-2011, 12:33 AM

Well the files were ripped with Winamp then encoded with MP3tag so I don't know why they don't work. They play which is what I really care about, just a little annoying.

Edit: Well after some messing around I was able to get every file to display correctly.
I used mp3tag for the album art and then used Winamp and edited the file by right clicking it and choosing "view info".
Under the advanced tab there was a bunch of info like Gracenote data, album artist, etc.
So I deleted everything until the top fields were Title, Artist and Album. I added Genre at the bottom and it still seems to read that properly as well.

So far every file displays as it should, maybe this will work for others as well.

Last edited by JAV; 01-22-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Tags and Cover is no longer a problem with Helium Music Manager, I prefer the 2009 edition that has been working fine with me since a year ago..

APE, FLAC to MP3 is not a big deal to be tagged, renamed and labeled, you can even pin rating points for each song you like (I pin five stars for jazz)

Trust me, it works!!