android
Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Default Zune Marketplace on WP7

*Sorry if this is in the wrong forum*,
I live in the UK and I really want one of the new WP7 phones,
I use a Zune HD64 and have a US live id and enjoy the marketplace via the Zune Pass. It would be great to use my Pass on the phone too.
Does anybody know if I will be able to sign in with my US live id on this phone in the UK? and access the marketplace as I can on my Zune HD and PC? (I don't know if the phone is region sensitive) this unknown is the only thing that's stopping me buying one, I appreciate your time,
thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 AM

Ok. for all interested parties, I can now answer this myself. I went to the local phone store today, and the salesman kindly offered to open a new phone and try it, and it took my US id, no problem, everything is in $$, but that's fine as I can now use my Zune Tag with all the benefits, so until the UK version of the marketplace starts to come any where near, I'll stick with the US id.

hope this helps someone in the UK, cheers all... off to play with my new phone now!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM

Thank you so much for this.

This includes streaming to internet flatrates? I dont want to spend a boatload of money, just to get a trollface microsoft error code