android
Old 11-24-2010, 07:32 AM

Default Cowon X7 video review

Hope dftk allows this post. Below is a link I found to a Cowon X7 video review.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/gDhSV3xCbLs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM

Why wouldn't I? Nice video, despite the wrong aspect ratio.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the link. The video is sparse when it comes to info, but it shows that the X7 is actually decently responsive even w/a resistive touch screen.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:05 AM

Interesting but not comprehensive enough IMO and it does show that itís fairly responsive, not sluggish.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-24-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Interesting but not comprehensive enough IMO and it does show that itís fairly responsive, not sluggish.
For me personally it was when it was when compared to my J3 but on it's own merits I should probably change that.(check under X7 responsiveness)

i'm also wondering where he got a black from and in the 160GB capacity to top it off.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 AM

@Resiak - thanks for posting that vid though I have to agree with WalkGood that it doesn't tell me a whole lot. Hopefully he does more videos.

@WalkGood - my initial post has been updated/revised. Thanks for your comment.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 AM

Seems like you guessed that it was I who did that video! I didn't go into many of the technical details as these are available to read. I wanted people to get the feel of the thing. However, if you think I should do another video, let me know what sort of things you would like to see.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Exclamation

@Resiak - I know Wukuslayer was asking a question about folder navigation here but you briefly covered that @4:42 to 4:53 and the frame @4:47 shows the "folders" option briefly. I just watched it again at home without any work madness going on and it's actually a purty nice intro video. In any future vids you do I'd just try and keep the X7 or device in frame. Your hand goes high in a couple places and it's then impossible to tell what's going on at the top of the video.

Close to the end of your vid you said that it grips well. That's pretty interesting and it'll be good to hear what others say about the feel and grip or if you give us some future updates I still think it's just too big for true portability. I wear loose fitted mostly and it's not as comfortable a ride as say the J3, D2 and I would imagine the S9.

Now to it's fairness it's packing a HDD which none of the aforementioned have so it clearly it's going to be bigger and I'd bet some would say a better assessment may be that the word "portable" should be used sparingly when referencing the X7.

Seeing it in black is not only awesome but I think I'll be checking advancedmp3.co.uk the next time before making a purchase. Export Prive is still without the black in any capacity and the purple only up to 120gb at the moment. Thanks again for the vid!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Very fluid, why is the screen blinking something to do with it's 'ultimate superior ness' I would guess .

Also this guy loves him some treble....wow no bass.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sux that Amazon.com pulled it here in the USA,...

Old 11-25-2010, 07:30 PM

So, I registered to ask this question. Would you say that this is a worthy media player? This has caught my eye and I have been bouncing from player to player for a while now. I just picked up an archos 7 home tablet, and I can honestly say I wish I would have spent my money on something else. Too bad its too late to take it back to best buy.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:32 AM

Being used to small players, especially the J3, I was a bit shocked and disappointed when I first held this. It weighs you down a bit carrying it in your pocket but you get used to it soon enough. Physically, weight is the only negative and a serious app related problem is album art. I am hoping this can be fixed with a firmware upgrade. Sound is fabulous, giving you huge options to get exactly what you like. The touchscreen is sensitive and easy to use. And of course 160GB and gargantuan battery life!!
Photos take a touch too long to load and screen resolution is a huge backward step but if music is your main thing, this is good....very good.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

lol, this is a PMP not a DAP, clearly by the screen size and HDD, yet again Cowon are falling over themselves in the PMP market but not the DAP :S
I'm starting to think that the fellas doing the D2, S9 and J3 are sitting on a completely different floor from the guys making the O2 V5 and X7 lol. It's totally bizarre how they can produce AWESUM players (D2, s9 and J3) yet whack a larger screen on the device and it totally falls to pieces hahahah its madness i tell u madness!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If the X7 had a higher screen res, plus a CAPACITIVE screen, I'd own it already.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would prefer good ol tactile buttons personally. I have a psp3000, navigation, selecting, fwding/rwding, searching, all is done so awesumly and quickly whilst leaving grotty finger prints off the screen (and of course a smaller price tag).
I'm really dissapointed in the x7, shoulda been THE pmp to own. 160gb hdd, cool can fit LOADSA vids and music on it. Screen resolution 480x272, come again, huh!?

Old 01-01-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
If the X7 had a higher screen res, plus a CAPACITIVE screen, I'd own it already.
Same here. I'd live happily with the D3 + 32GB now, but the old ghost of my X5 still haunt me badly and this baby still sound appealing somehow (especially the 103hrs play time)... Ah, if I was not married with kids!!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Sux that Amazon.com pulled it here in the USA,...
Hey, just saw this on Amazon US, hope it helps!

http://www.amazon.com/COWON-160-MP3-...6232579&sr=1-3

Nhoj

Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globiboulga View Post
Ah, if I was not married with kids!!!!
hahahah