android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 01-30-2011, 10:58 PM

Default Windows wants to "Scan and fix" fuze. Should I let it?

Everytime I plug in my Fuze V1 (running Rockbox), Windows 7 wants to "Scan and Fix" it. Should I let it, or is it asking for trouble? I don't have any problems with the fuze, except that I have a problem with album art in rockbox.
Should I let windows scan?
Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cannot help you with the Win7 part, but...

What problems are you having with AArt and Rockbox/Fuze? Perhaps I can assist.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Administrator

That means Windows has found problems with the file structure of the disk. All the scan should do is repair that. Be sure you have all your files backed up and let the scan run and fix any problems it finds. Afterwards unhide the System files in Windows Explorer and delete any *FOUND* files that are left behind. There's nothing you can do with them anyway.

How do you have your AA set in Rockbox? Embedded album art or progressive .jpgs won't work.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 PM

lestatar & skip252,

Thanks for the replies.

The problem w/ the AA is that I finally updated my Fuze V1 to the latest RB build (I was pretty far behind), and updated my themes to current ones that says they work with the latest build. All went smoothly until I hit play & none of my Album Art showed up anymore in most themes. It worked great on the older version.
The art shows up on XLFuze, DIY Contraption, but not on All About the Art or Thin (just to name two). On one, it actually flickers on for just a moment when the song starts, then disappears.
Each albums folder has it's own .jpg named "Folder". None are progressives, tif, not even bmp which I know work. Like I said, worked great until updating.
Any thoughts would be great, here. I'm stumped.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah basically backup your files and do the scan, then the message should go away.

About the AA...I've heard other people here having problems with the technique you're using. I'm going to give you a technique which works great and you can choose to use it or not ). What I'm doing, is creating a .rockbox/albumart folder. Then I use the Album Art Extractor for Rockbox utility (attached as zip file). I set the file format type to jpg, and image size to 100. Then all you have to do is hit the big "Extract Album Art" button, and after its all finished, you're done .

All credit goes to lestatar, he just didn't get here in time to explain it

Attached Files
File Type: zip AlbumArt Extracter for Rockbox v2_1-win-linux.zip (344.8 KB, 2 views)

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice McDougal! Yes, copy his settings and you should have mucho joy with album art on RB Fuze. Though for the themes I use, I find that 125px images work fine - it may be just a matter of extracting the art again in your case.

This should fix your album art problem - hopefully...
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-31-2011, 11:11 PM

Ok, I gave it a try & it looked like it was going to work, but it says it found 162 music files but they have no album art embedded (which does not surprise me) and no bmp file were created. Is there a way to get it to extract or convert the folder.jpg files I have into something usable?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nope. This tool will only extract embedded art you already have on your mp3 files.

Embedded art is always the way to go anyway IMO. I know alot of folks like the folder.jpg method, but that is too much of a hassle for me - always needing to make sure stuff is in proper folders, etc.
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Administrator

The AA Extracter is just useless if you all ready have your AA set as standard .jpgs per folder named folder.jpg. The other culprits could be either missing fonts or broken themes. Installing the font pack will fix the font problem. Broken themes will take more effort.

The broken themes should be maintained by whoever posted them. However, if it's not you can to jump in and fix then repost any you really want. They're licensed to allow just that. You may be able to get a Rockbox developer to fix one but it seems the current thought is that fixing themes is the users responsibility. See a recent response here. I've seen similar responses a few times recently.

You could still report a broken theme though. Who knows? Someone may have the time or inclination to fix it.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Nope. This tool will only extract embedded art you already have on your mp3 files.

Embedded art is always the way to go anyway IMO. I know alot of folks like the folder.jpg method, but that is too much of a hassle for me - always needing to make sure stuff is in proper folders, etc.
Folders....the horror! You're so lazy!
You put all that effort into your tags, only the slightest bit more would give you proper folders like the big boys use.