android
Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Default 'Error Deleting File' on the S545.

I copied a podcast into my S545 not too long ago. When I got to it on the player, it said something like This file is not supported then went to the next track. Not a big deal so I listened to the next podcast. I wanted to delete the file since it's taking up space and it won't let me. In my windows explorer the mp3 file has a weird icon. Instead of a regular winamp mp3 icon, it looks like a windows logo over a rectangle. The size says 0 bytes. When I try to delete it, I get a pop up message saying "Error Deleting File
The delete operation has failed. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." I can delete and transfer other mp3 files just fine except that one. Anyone know of a fix? I had this same problem last year and had to format everything to empty the player. I would like to avoid that this time. Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-28-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrat View Post
I copied a podcast into my S545 not too long ago. When I got to it on the player, it said something like This file is not supported then went to the next track. Not a big deal so I listened to the next podcast. I wanted to delete the file since it's taking up space and it won't let me. In my windows explorer the mp3 file has a weird icon. Instead of a regular winamp mp3 icon, it looks like a windows logo over a rectangle. The size says 0 bytes. When I try to delete it, I get a pop up message saying "Error Deleting File
The delete operation has failed. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." I can delete and transfer other mp3 files just fine except that one. Anyone know of a fix? I had this same problem last year and had to format everything to empty the player. I would like to avoid that this time. Thank you.
I don't know why you're having trouble deleting the file. I haven't had a problem when I want to delete a file/files off of my player.

As far as why you might have trouble playing a podcast, one possibility is that the bitrate and/or sampling rate are incompatible with the Walkman. I had a problem playing some podcasts. When I checked the podcasts I was having problems with I found the following (the specifications mentioned are taken from the instruction manuals):

- Some MP3 podcasts had a bitrate that was too low, below 32kpbs. Walkman players support bitrates from 32kbps to 320kbps. I used my music management program, MediaMonkey (MM), to increase the bitrate to at least 32kpbs. By the way, you have have MM do this on the fly as it syncs the files to your player (leaving the files in your library unchanged), or convert the files in your library.

- Others had a sampling rate that was not compatible with my Walkman players (some had a sampling rate of 16kHz or 22.05 kHz). Both my old Walkman (a NWZ-A818) and my current Walkman support the following sampling rates: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHZ. When I used MM to convert the file to a higher bitrate, it automatically increased the sampling rate to one compatible with my Walkman.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMP3PlayerFan View Post
I don't know why you're having trouble deleting the file. I haven't had a problem when I want to delete a file/files off of my player.

As far as why you might have trouble playing a podcast, one possibility is that the bitrate and/or sampling rate are incompatible with the Walkman. I had a problem playing some podcasts. When I checked the podcasts I was having problems with I found the following (the specifications mentioned are taken from the instruction manuals):

- Some MP3 podcasts had a bitrate that was too low, below 32kpbs. Walkman players support bitrates from 32kbps to 320kbps. I used my music management program, MediaMonkey (MM), to increase the bitrate to at least 32kpbs. By the way, you have have MM do this on the fly as it syncs the files to your player (leaving the files in your library unchanged), or convert the files in your library.

- Others had a sampling rate that was not compatible with my Walkman players (some had a sampling rate of 16kHz or 22.05 kHz). Both my old Walkman (a NWZ-A818) and my current Walkman support the following sampling rates: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHZ. When I used MM to convert the file to a higher bitrate, it automatically increased the sampling rate to one compatible with my Walkman.

I hope this helps.
I checked some of the podcasts and they all seem to be 64 kbps. I've copied and deleted like hundreds of podcasts on my walkman before. I've only had an issue with 2 so far.

Also can Media Monkey make files louder in volume?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrat View Post
I checked some of the podcasts and they all seem to be 64 kbps. I've copied and deleted like hundreds of podcasts on my walkman before. I've only had an issue with 2 so far.

Also can Media Monkey make files louder in volume?
MediaMonkey (MM) does have the ability to level the volume of files so that they can play at the same volume. It can be done by either by putting a co-efficient in the file so that it plays at a consistent volume within MM, or it can alter the files themselves so that it can play at a consistent volume on any player. I don't know if it can be used to increase the volume of a track. The MM help files can provide you with more information on the process.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 02-05-2011, 06:07 PM

I will have to have to look into MediaMonkey.

I guess I have to reformat my player again to get rid of that file. That sucks.