android
Old 09-25-2010, 05:45 AM

Unhappy Album Artwork on the i9?

Hey guys,

I just got my new Cowon i9 - and I straight away uploaded music onto it.
I did this simply by drag and drop.

Now, the odd thing is - only some of my albums actually display album artwork on the player. On iTunes - all my album artwork is full, and when I'm in explorer clicking on the files, all of them show the artwork - so it's not like they arn't embedded with the mp3.

Even the software that comes with the Cowon shows that all my album artwork is there.
I don't get why it's only displaying some! I can't find any link either, it's not like only mp3s are showing it, and m4as arn't. It's a mixtures of yes and no from all file types.

Am I doing something wrong?
Any help will be much appreciated!
-Whiskers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-25-2010, 07:07 AM

There are two ways in which I know the I9 reads Album Art.

Two things I've found:
- In the folder where the album is, have your album art named cover.jpg (works for me)
- If single files, using an ID3 Tag editor, embed album art into the song itself (AIMP2 can do this, I'm not sure of other players)

On a side note, if you're experiencing horrible album art scaledown issues, get the v1.14 firmware. It fixes this Regardless its still good to run latest firmware

Old 09-25-2010, 08:12 AM

Hey, thanks for responding!

I tried AIMP2, it seemed to be just like iTunes - embedding it into the file, and showing it when I click on it. But alas, it still didn't work on my player.

On the contray, I did try the "Cover.jpg" method, it worked - but I have loads of albums that I'd need to go through.
Although, I may have to do this - is there no other way?

Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 AM

I’m not sure if there’s a file size limitation and/or pixel dimensions (i.e. width/height) on embedded album art or not but all mine is a reasonable dimension and below 50 KB file size, which all work fine on my i9. You should do some testing, take one of the one’s that doesn’t work and try different sizes till you get one that works and then you can just check the rest. Mp3tag a free program allows you to do whole albums at one time might make the task easier …

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks for all the responses.

I found that the problem was that the iAudio 9 does not support png album artwork. I did have to convert most of my artwork - but it was worth it!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:24 AM

np, glad u got it sorted

Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 AM

sorry for the bump but I saw no reason to make a new thread...

I'm having trouble getting my i9 to display album art on certain, specific albums. 99% of the time everything works fine, but then randomly I'll load an album and the player just won't show the artwork. I've tried a lot of things, including everything posted in this thread, different jpg sizes from different sources, jpgs that worked for other albums, loading only parts of the album, deleting the album from my cowon library and starting over... nothing.

it wasn't a big deal with the B-52's self-titled, but Brainticket's Psychonaut has a badass cover that's definitely worth fighting for, so here I am...

obviously it's something to do with the audio files themselves, not the jpegs. but for both albums, I have plenty of mp3 or flac files from the same two sources that haven't been a problem... these two albums just won't show the artwork.

anybody got any ideas???