android
Old 02-07-2011, 05:12 AM

Help question: rockbox and audiobooks

Hi folks,

I have a quite specific use case: 99% of my use of the Sansa Clip is audiobooks.

I like that the clip automatically keeps my place in any given audibook so that even when I listen to something else for a while, I can still go back to where I was just by selecting the right book (don't even have to select the right mp3 file).

Does Rockbox do this too? I'm tempted to try Rockbox but I won't go through the whole installation process if I'm not sure that I'll be able to use my player reliably for audiobooks...

thanks for your feedback!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

You can make rockbox resume a file if you turn off while playing it. You can also make it automatically bookmark your position files so that you can come back to it at any point in the future. FWIW, we're in the middle of overhauling the resume features right now, so new stuff is being added in the next couple days.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM

Thanks. Could you point out where and how I can follow up on this sort of development, so that I can see when it's implemented? I may hold off on trying it out until the new version is released.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
You can make rockbox resume a file if you turn off while playing it. You can also make it automatically bookmark your position files so that you can come back to it at any point in the future. FWIW, we're in the middle of overhauling the resume features right now, so new stuff is being added in the next couple days.
Will it be possible to use bookmarks with files played from the database? That would be great

Tags
audiobook, bookmark, rockbox, sandisk sansa clip