android
Old 01-31-2011, 08:21 AM

Default Rockbox WPS Theme - DFKT Minimum 32

As the title implies, it's made for the Archos 32's 240x400 screen.

DFKT Minimum A32 download

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 AM

A couple of questions...

Are you compiling the source code to get this?

Will it parse and use m3u or pls playlists?

Will it still be able to be controlled by bluetooth receivers with avrcp?

#2 and #3 are important to me and so far Archos still hasn't been able to give us a way to make playlists on our computers where it is easy and load them into our players. In the next few weeks I'll be buying some kind of BT device for motorcycle helmets in preparation for the snow finally going away and will need the AVRCP functions as well as A2DP.

If you need a cheap A2DP+AVRCP device try this one (my only testing source so far)
http://www.lightinthebox.com/Bluetoo...k-_p76708.html

It works surprisingly well for $13, the pairing is a little difficult but my 43 is paired and working, ordered another for the car to connect to my aux input so I have volume and track controls that are easier to deal with and don't require turning the screen back on. Half thinking of modifying it for helmet use.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 AM

Rockbox WPS themes consist of one or several files, mostly plain-text configs and graphics. Those are simply put into the Rockbox folder on the device, no compiling involved. The usual place to get themes is http://themes.rockbox.org/ - but so far there's none (except mine and the default Cabbie 2 theme, to a certain extent) that works well on 240x400 Android. The Onda themes have the same resolution, but appear buggy on the Archos.

I neither use playlists nor Bluetooth devices, so I can't really answer your questions. As far as I know, though, Rockbox has no issues with most common playlist formats - it seems to be the most compatible out there.

As for BT stuff - I think that's an issue entirely up to the device and OS itself, not the software player involved (as long as it's coded properly)? Then again, I really don't know anything about that. I do know that Rockbox uses the standard Android API for sound reproduction, so maybe remote control stuff works, maybe it won't. Rockbox for Android is all still between alpha and beta status, and not really meant for prime time. But it's already gapless and has file/folder browsing, so I'm happy.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 PM

DFKT Minimum A32 available here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=ondavx777