android
Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM

Default Sanza wont turn on. And yes I tried reset.

My sanza fuze, probably 2 weeks old, not even, randomly turned off in the gym when I was watching the work out video I have on it.. I went home connected it to the computer and my sanza screen stayed black but the computer recognized the sanza and I can still add media.

First the battery power said 98%, took it out for a bit then it changed to 0% and wont charge now. But the screen is still black anyways, Im soo confused. (and like I said I tried the reset and notta, also a plug in wall adapter)

any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 PM

But it is still recognized by your computer? Have you tried updating the firmware?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 PM

Yeah I did the only thing to download there is a user manual that I already have. It is a refurbished sanza, so Im wondering if thats the reason. My roomate suggested it to be the screen, but with the battery not even charging I doubt thats the case -_-

Old 02-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey sorry for your woes. Try this since you already tried long power slide and hold "reset"....

Put it in a drawer for a week or 2. Come back and recharge it overnight.

Then see what happens.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-16-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxil View Post
Yeah I did the only thing to download there is a user manual that I already have. It is a refurbished sanza, so Im wondering if thats the reason. My roomate suggested it to be the screen, but with the battery not even charging I doubt thats the case -_-
Your roomate didn't tell you to go here for the firmware? http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...play.php?f=167
Make sure you know which firmware you have before you go trying to install it, and that you follow the instructions. All of which may do you no good unless you know/remember which fw you have 1.xx.xx or 2.xx.xx.
Did you try charging it for a few days? Or just a couple hours? Sometimes if the battery is dead drained it can take awile to get it back going.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 PM

Nope, doesn't own a sanza.. and a few hours with the screen still black.. and Ive checked those firmwares, my sanza updater says its completely updated. Though from what I'm reading, the battery and the sanza have to be somewhat on/working. And I could try leaving it for a couple more days, I think the best thing to do is get my money back though; seems to be a recurring problem for many.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:12 AM

hey!
the best think in this case would be to return the Fuze and get another one. plus.are u sure its the battery or something? coz if it is not the battery with the problem u can just put the firmware files (fuzpa.bin) into the internal memory of your player and dissconnect it. but if you are right and the battery is dead, it wont start the upgrade or downgrade.try., mite just help you.best of luck

Old 02-17-2011, 03:57 PM

Yeahh I think your right..
is this the newest firmware - v02.03.33A
I checked the properties of my sanza and thats what it says for firmware

Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 PM

on mine, i have v02.03.33P....
and i guess mine's the newest because i had downloaded and installed it just a few days back.You might be in for an upgrade, though i just meant that Reinstall your OF, it might help.