android
Old 02-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Default ecost 8gb fuze refurb deal! $41

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp...X14R-008GK-A57

this is where I bought mine (also refurb) it is and has been perfect and a joy.

grab one!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Administrator

My experience with eCost was completely different. The 4 GB Fuze I got from them arrived looking like it got there by being dragged behind the truck. It was used, not refurbished. I've bought a LOT of refurbs and I know the difference. Customer Service was beyond horrible. I was lied to then ignored.

They don't seem to have changed any. Checking their current Reseller Ratings they score a miserable 3.38 out of 10. Complaints about terrible customer service are interlaced between the complaints about DOA merchandise.

Never again.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:06 PM

i buy a ton of stuff from them. 2 sansa refurbs (4gb, 8gb) and my Fuze. zero complaints.
sorry you had a stinky experience. i guess to our community I say "caveat emptor". but a $41 8gb fuze to rockbox and stick in a 16gb micro sd is hard to say "no " to!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Not once you've been screwed. There's multiple other refurb vendors I've dealt with. I have bought dozens of refurb players. There were problems with a very few of them.

1Sale a day and eCost are the only ones that didn't step up to the plate when there was a problem. I'll continue to relate my experiences with them when appropriate.

Part of caveat emptor (buyer beware) is having relevant information to base a purchase decision upon. I believe my negative experiences with eCost are relevant.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:14 AM

absolutely! I am not challenging you and it sucks you have negative experiences with them.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 PM

I have not had any experience with e-cost one way or the other - just offering an additional resource - I got an 8 gb Fuze from Buy.com from Meelectronics for 49.55 delivered. There was a problem with the first one and they sent a replacement out the same day (Friday) that I called them about it. http://www.buy.com/listing/sellerlis...09662653&buy=1

Good luck shopping wherever you choose to shop.