android
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 AM

Default battery question/problem

I have charged my x7 twice now and am on 1 battery bar after using it only a couple of times and downloading and deleting a few items....i have it on the sleep mode....it seems that no matter what i do the unit either goes into sleep mode or shuts down even if i set the display to not turn off....any help would be appreciated

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM

let me amend my comment...i still have 4 bars showing but they are grey now,no longer black....the black bars very quickly turned to grey one at a time until they are all grey but the unit continues to play so I am trying to figure out or understand if it means I still have a full 4 bars or am i about to see the battery empty and the player shut down?it makes no sense that the player would run out of battery so quickly given its huge battery life but as i said I do not understand why the battery bars turn grey....any help would be appreciated...to add,when i turn the player on out of sleep mode it displays 4 black bars which then turn grwy after a moment or two...previously it would show 4 black bars and then switch to 3 grey,then 2 grey and so on until now there are 4 grey...i hope i am being clear but i am confused!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM

I too found some oddities with the bars at the bottom. I suggest you drag the battery meter in Widgets and stick it on your front page. It is a visual battery indicator, looks like a battery and probably is a far better indicator.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 PM

I am not sure I know what you mean by widgets and where I would find them and then how i would drag them to the front page

Old 01-21-2011, 03:45 AM

On the bottom left of your opening page, there should be a little purple rectangle saying "open". Press that to open a page which will show "shortcuts" and another called "widgets". Click on Widgets and you will find a few...battery widget being one of them. Keep your finger on it for a few moments till it is surrounded by a sort of highligted square. You can then drag it to your front page. To remove widgets you don't want, click on it as before and drag it down into the "open" rectangle. I may have set up my X7 a little differently, so if the advice above doesn't exactly match, play around with it a bit and it will all be okay!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM

thank you,i did as you describe and the battery meter showed up saying low battery which makes absolutely no sense since i had only played music on it for a few hours and this is supposed to be a unit with 100 hours of battery life.....i dont know if their is a problem with the unit or the battery meter or what else it might be?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:49 AM

They do say that these rechargeable batteries require several rechargings before they are at their optimum capacity. It is probably best to run down the charge on your battery a few times before you can guage properly if the battery is okay. The other thing is that bluetooth is a battery eating monster and you should not leave it on unless you are using bluetooth headphones/speakers.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 AM

I do not use bluetooth,i did recharge it and will see if it performs better....i bought the unit for its supposed battery life so we shall see how long the charge lasts this time....also i have it in sleep mode and i dont know if that makes a difference or not

Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 PM

That doesn't sound right at all - I bought mine before Christmas and charged it once so far, with quite a bit of use it's still only half empty.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 PM

well i did read that in sleep mode the battery will last 300 hours so that would mean that if you didnt use it but just left it in sleep mode when not in use that in 12 days the battery would be depleted...or lose a bar every 3 days...perhaps that is my problem...i am going to turn the sleep mode off and let it turn off completely when not in use and see if that makes the difference....

Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Mine just started doing the same thing... I charged it a few days ago and the screen said 'charge full'. Today after maybe a few hours use it just says 'LOW BATTERY' in red and dies.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 AM

Sleep mode was the cause...

Also it seems that as soon as it sees a real charger, it resets the small battery indicator. A full charge and sleep mode turned off, and everything looks normal again.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
I suggest you drag the battery meter in Widgets and stick it on your front page. It is a visual battery indicator, looks like a battery and probably is a far better indicator.
If the X7 is like all other newer Cowons, the battery level is only displayed at 100/75/50/25/0%, no matter if looking at the small indicator or the widget. It's rather imprecise, unfortunately.