android
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 PM

Default Changing logo with logoswapper

We would like to change some features of the rockbox firmware for the Sansa clip + , we have read alot about the vmware & basic instructions how to make changes in firmware, but we are still unable to find were are the directories for all the applications to change, is that in the rockbox utility or other file? were can we find this file /trunk/apps/bitmaps/native/?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Did you see the replies to your other thread a couple weeks ago? Theres links to those files:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,27258.0.html

Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 PM

We saw everything, but we can't seem to locate those files we are a beginner?
Thank You

Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkatz22 View Post
We saw everything, but we can't seem to locate those files we are a beginner?
You have the download link. What can't you locate?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM

We can't uncompile the rocbox utilty to replace the logo file, we know there a bunch of files in the rockbox but we are unable to find them ? we know were the links for new logos , but we need to know were the original file to replace is located
Thank You for patience & help

Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
We can't uncompile the rocbox utilty to replace the logo file, we know there a bunch of files in the rockbox but we are unable to find them ? we know were the links for new logos , but we need to know were the original file to replace is located
Thank You for patience & help
You don't need rockbox utility, instead it involves the program in the instructions linked the first time you asked. If they don't make sense to you, then you probably shouldn't be trying to do this. Its not very hard, but messing around with your mp3 player without understanding what you are doing is a good way to break it.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 PM

OK Thank You
now we finally figured out everything, but were still not able to find any directory or subdirectory /trunk/apps/bitmaps/native/ with these names?
Next we now would like to know if the logo which displays imd. by start is also linked with these files?
Thanks in Advance

Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 PM

I give up. Theres no way you should be messing with this.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 PM

We should be done everythhing by know seems to work only these files we can't locate in the clip plus

Old 02-28-2011, 11:43 PM

Default rockbox files

Can we please be advised in the rocbox clip plus were can we find the files /trunk/apps/bitmaps/native/ in the program not on the web but to make changes in the rockbox?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 AM

Threads merged. Please don't start new threads for the same question.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 AM

So, please be kind and answer this question clearly and lets finish already
Thank You

Old 03-01-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Can we please be advised in the rocbox clip plus were can we find the files /trunk/apps/bitmaps/native/ in the program not on the web but to make changes in the rockbox?
I don't know what you actually need, but the logo for the Clip+ is here, as already stated in the thread on Rockbox, and on the LogoSwapper Wiki page: http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/tr...revision=17305

With the LogoSwapper app you shouldn't have to mess around in the firmware ("program") manually, so I don't know what you're trying to do. Also, even if you change the firmware logo, you will still see the stock bootloader logo before it, which kind of defeats the whole purpose.

I agree with Saratoga, you probably shouldn't be messing around with that, you might break something.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM

Please Please Please Help
We have waisted already 10 hours we searched the web we saw our question asked over 10 times but no answer found again we only need help to find ths bitmap file on player which searched every fil and didn't find
please give us 1 minute with clear instructions
Thank You

Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM

What are you talking about? What is your specific issue? Write proper sentences and structure your questions in an intelligible manner, for starters.

It really doesn't matter that you mention how long you searched - if I don't know what you actually need. Learn to post smart questions.

You only need the image I linked, an edited new image as a replacement, the rockbox.sansa file, and the LogoChanger app, nothing else. It's easy as pie.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 PM

We tried the rockbox.sansa with logoswapper comes up error "settings file not found" , doesn't load any image at all

Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM

You don't need to load or save a settings file. You only need to choose mono screen, load rockbox.sansa for the binary file, and load both target and new image, then press swap.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:11 PM

this is the message
Unable to locate the left image within the Box# 2 file.
It might also be because of a wrong screen's selection.

Look Attachment
Attached Images
File Type: png Snap_2011.03.01 21.09.28_002.png (23.4 KB, 10 views)