android
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 AM

Default Clip+ - Disappearing "Automatic Resume" menu

Hi All,

I've installed Rockbox on my Clip+ and love it. Thanks to all in the Rockbox team and in this forum for their help. There is so much information available.

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I downloaded the Rockbox Clip+ build from a link in this forum. Installation went smoothly and I was up and going in no time.

I was playing around with the Automatic Resume feature and the Database feature to try and get my player to remember my last played location in an audiobook file (mp3). Now I can't seem to find the menu item "Automatic Resume" anymore in my clip menu. It is supposed to be in the sub-menu of General Settings -> Automatic Resume but somehow its disappeared.

I've deleted the whole ".rockbox" directory in the device and redid it with version 3.7.1 firmware. But still no Automatic Resume menu.

Any hints? (I have another question about bookmarking which I will post in another thread.)

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Cheong

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Try the current build. Automatic Resume was committed after the 3.7.1 release and won't be included with that. I've no idea how it vanished ffrom your earlier installation but the current build will have it.

There were some problems reported by some using the 3.8 release version. I'm not sure if those were cleared up but I haven't seen any reports of the database freezing with the current build. I'd go with that.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Try the current build. Automatic Resume was committed after the 3.7.1 release and won't be included with that. I've no idea how it vanished ffrom your earlier installation but the current build will have it.

There were some problems reported by some using the 3.8 release version. I'm not sure if those were cleared up but I haven't seen any reports of the database freezing with the current build. I'd go with that.
Hi Skip,
Thanks. I was going to upgrade to 3.8 but held off as some guys were having memory corruption with 3.8 on the Clip+
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=27339.0

Maybe I'll wait for 3.8.1 to be released first.
Kind regards,
Cheong

Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator

I was aware of the issues when I suggested using the current build not the 3.8 Release. The current build is updated several times daily. The Release is static. Current builds regularly fix older issues.

The issues that being reported with the 3.8 release seem to be resolved by using the current build. I've updated again since that post. Everything is working fine including Automatic Resume. I've disabled that since it doesn't fit the way I listen to my music but it worked OK when I tested it just now.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:43 AM

Hi skip252,

Thank you. Now I understand what you are saying. I'll give it a go and post back my results.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Cheong

Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 PM

Hi skip252,

Installed the current build and "Automatic Resume" menu is back. I've turned off all bookmarking and just testing my Clip+ with the Automatic Resume feature.

So far so good. (I'm happy.)

Thanks again and appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Cheong