android
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Default Vision M 30 - No Blue Light/No Charge

This weekend I foolishly ran the battery completely out on my ZVM30. It will turn on with the wall charger plugged in, but the blue light (led) does not illuminate and the battery will not charge. I tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.41.01 but because the battery is critically low, it will not flash. I booted to recovery mode and

Is my battery toast or does the fact that there is no blue led indicate that I have a different problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 AM

This is really common and I have bought "broken" Vision Ms off ebay just to find that if I plugged it in to a Creative Wall charger the player comes back to life.
Yes, if the battery runs down all the way the players have all kinds of weird problems.
If you dont have a wall charger, you can take the back plate off the player and VERY CAREFULLY pull the battery free from the circuit board. Be careful because you can pull the connector right off the board. Then you are Fked unless you have mad soldering skills. But if you do it right, when you plug the battery back in, your player MIGHT come alive.
The other option is a new battery. this opens up another whole can of worms because you have to downgrade the firmware to make the battery work. Ha ha ha. have i lost you yet?
PM me if you need help with this as I wont check back to this listing as it is kinda old.
Good luck.