android
Old 04-06-2011, 01:20 PM

Default Sansa e280r Freeze@Startup Screen

found my e280, fixed issue with "Load Image Fail". after i did this i found my player still had music on it, which most of them were able to play however one of the songs froze the player, now when i turn the player on it would be able to load to the "Sansa Rhapsody" screen however it gets stuck there...

i performed the "Switch to Recovery Mode Fix" again however the player still freezes at "Sansa Rhapsody" screen, i want to attempt a full reformat of the player however my computer does not recognize the player when i connect it (attempted to connect player with HOLD switch on and holding down |<< button, mp3 player says "Locked" and shutsdown) unable to connect it normally, player will get to "Sansa Rhapsody" screen and again get stuck there...

i have researched the "ultimate fix" however the thread that i found it in had dead links, does anyone have any other information and the files it provided? is there any other way to fix my issue?

on a sidenote, i want to install rockbox on my player, would i be able to do this to fix my players issue? do i need to get this Freezing problem fixed before trying anything else?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Aren't the files in the fix thread just firmware updates? I think you can download those directly from Sandisk.

And yes, you'll need MSC working before you can install rockbox.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:55 AM

if they are just firmware updates then when i did the switch to recovery mode fix i had used the updated version of the firmware for my mp3... is there other things i can try? opening the mp3 or something like that?