android
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 AM

Default what is usb patch and where i can download it

I was reading a lot about usb patch, what is it. I want to know because i have problems with my clip plus (with rockbox) when connecting to pc it always boot in original firmware, when disconnected from pc its still in original fw. after turning off and powering on it boots from rockbox. Is usb patch dealing with this issue

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2011, 02:09 PM

The USB patch allows for native USB support in rockbox. Yes, the USB patch will allow you to connect to your PC without going into the original firmware. It works but for me it's unstable but always recoverable. I'd rather deal with the instability than have to boot to OF.

I run the 3.7.1 build by Idroy avilable here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ps4uwv0uidsqw49
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...872#post506872

I just realized that you were the person who requested the fms skin edit. That skin I did w/ the signal strength will break under the 3.7.* build. Unfortunately, I have not found a 3.8.* build w/ USB support.

Last edited by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n; 04-08-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM

Why is it such an issue to boot with the OF?

If you don't like the database refresh, just fill all the space up and then the OF will fail to generate the database and shutdown immediately.
Don't forget to remove the folders starting with a # (the database folders). You'll probably have to do this inside Rockbox.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Clip+ with rockbox fw don't support usb by default, for this reason if you plug in the player it will boot into OF to connect with PC.
There is a patch that allow you to connect usb by rockbox, to apply this patch you need to recompile rockbox from source (it takes <1/2h).
If you need here is the last fw (equivalent to 3.8.1) patched fully working with usb, >16gb sdcard and sound patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/092wot...ckbox-full.zip
is the version I use, so there are some personalization..
P.S. sorry for bad english

Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittau View Post

If you don't like the database refresh, just fill all the space up and then the OF will fail to generate the database and shutdown immediately.
Don't forget to remove the folders starting with a # (the database folders). You'll probably have to do this inside Rockbox.
It really isn't a big deal, I don't think.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittau View Post
It's all about convenience. I'd rather just plug-in and plug-out on the fly without having to reset from one firmware to another. Once USB is fully supported, you'll never understand how you ever lived without it.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n View Post
It's all about convenience. I'd rather just plug-in and plug-out on the fly without having to reset from one firmware to another. Once USB is fully supported, you'll never understand how you ever lived without it.
I have both V1 and V2 Fuzes, and of course USB is supported on the V1....I still don't think it's a huge deal with the V2. Is USB nice on the V1? Yes......but how hard is it to unplug the V2, shut it off, and turn it back on?

Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 PM

thanks, i dont want to experiment with patch because i like my new radio themes, i think a can live with o.f. database update after disconnecting.