android
Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Default Playlist Frustration!

Why must this damned thing be so hard to figure out? I have read all of the threads about playlist creation and still nothing helps me. I have tried YAPL and v4f and nothing seems to be helping. When I use V4F and I try to add songs to the playlist, nothing shows up when I look in the internal or external memory of my Fuze. There is music loaded, so why is it not showing up in V4F? I tried it AutoDetect, MTP, and MSC and still nothing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Just saying a software doesn't work without outlining your exact procedure doesn't give anyone a chance to help you. Nobody knows what you did or didn't do but you. The best way to get help would be to post a simple step by step of what you're doing now while using video4fuze.

The reason I say video4fuze is another member posted about having file path problems with YAPL and their V2 Fuze recently. I haven't seen anything about that with video4fuze. Also video4fuze has worked with both versions of my Fuzes in the past.

video4fuze only works with files that have been transferred in MSC mode. You say that you've tried all possible modes of transfer. I believe that will interfere with any future attempts to use video4fuze. I'd clear everything off both the Fuze and the external memory and reload them being sure the Fuze is in MSC mode. Be sure to keep track of your steps after that. Post them if things don't work the way you expect.

Personally I just used the radio buttons in the Playlist pane to select the drives then folders/files I wanted. Once got the files arranged the way I wanted I used the Save Playlist button to name and save the playlist to the main memory Playlist folder.

After that I found that a database refresh was needed for the new playlist to appear. I would always add or remove a file or two to make that happen.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

hey holytaco...yes, please provide some more info on exactly what you did - lots of peeps here will try to help you out.

video4Fuze does work on Fuze playlists, 100% in my experience, for both music on external cards and internal memory.

help us help you
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 04-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Just rockbox that sucka already

Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 AM

Ok, thanks for the replies guys. Now that I have chilled a bit, let me see if I can explain this. Months ago I filled my internal storage (I cant remember how I originally transferred the music to the player), I purchased a 4gb card and loaded some music on that (which shows up in V4F). I want to be able to create playlists that blend music from the internal memory and memory card, and I read that V4F is good for this. Problem is I can't see the MP3's that are internall looking through explorer, however, they are there when I disconnect the player and browse my internal memory.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holytaco904 View Post
Ok, thanks for the replies guys. Now that I have chilled a bit, let me see if I can explain this. Months ago I filled my internal storage (I cant remember how I originally transferred the music to the player), I purchased a 4gb card and loaded some music on that (which shows up in V4F). I want to be able to create playlists that blend music from the internal memory and memory card, and I read that V4F is good for this. Problem is I can't see the MP3's that are internall looking through explorer, however, they are there when I disconnect the player and browse my internal memory.
Sounds like the internal memory was loaded in MTP mode (or Autodetect choosing MTP mode). AFAIK, V4F will not find songs added in MTP mode, must be MSC mode.

What is the current USB mode of your player?

Steve

Old 04-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Sounds like the internal memory was loaded in MTP mode (or Autodetect choosing MTP mode). AFAIK, V4F will not find songs added in MTP mode, must be MSC mode.

What is the current USB mode of your player?

Steve
Currently, its in MSC mode.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holytaco904 View Post
Currently, its in MSC mode.
Can you see all of the songs on your player with Windows Explorer (aka My Computer)? If not, they were added in MTP mode.

Steve

Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Can you see all of the songs on your player with Windows Explorer (aka My Computer)? If not, they were added in MTP mode.

Steve
I can only see the ones on the extarnal memory, not internal.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I concur, Freez5 is most likely correct. Try loading the fuze in both usb modes and see if the songs show up in Explorer. Pick a usb mode (ie take it off autodetect) and use that mode from now on.