android
Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Zen MX Se (lite)

I need an MP3 player for my wife's car. I own a Zen and really like it, But they do not seem to be available any longer. They have been replaced by the Zen MX.

So I went to Amazon.com and found a Zen MX 16 GB for $160. While doing a little research I found the Zen MX Se (lite) 16 GB for $80. So what is the MX Se (lite) version? How does it compare with the standard MX? Why is it half the cost???

~Frank

Last edited by RedRocks; 02-15-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling error

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM

Here's an update, in case someone has a similar question in the future.

I just got an email back from Creative which says the MX and the MX Se are the same!

Go to Amazon and search 'Zen MX Se' and you'll find the 8 GB for $59.99, and the MX (no Se) for $149.99. Now go to Creative and find the MX 8 GB is the same price, but the 16 GB is $79.99 - Sold through Amazon!

But wait! There's more! The MX lite (without FM radio) is also $79.99. They sure don't want to make this easy, do they.

Once the music is loaded, the unit will spend the rest of it's life in the car wired thru a PIE. A horizontal machine will look better for this application, so between X-Fi and MX Se, I'll probably go for the 16 GB MX Se for $80 + free shipping.

~Frank

Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 AM

Useful info. Thanks Frank.