android
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM

Red face Adding music to zen from a different computer

I no longer have a personal computer but im able to use the computer at my work to add music to my zen. How can i do this without erasing all the music i already have stored on my player? On my old computer i was using the creative program to add music. I was planning on using wmp on this computer but im afraid that when it syncs it will either delete all the music on my player or add all the music from my player to the computer (which would take up too much space plus i have personal pictures and such). How can i transfer small amounts of music at a time to my zen without deleting what is already on there?

I tried the drag and drop method and i can never find the music again on my player...probably because i cant edit the song name/artist/etc without a program.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 AM

WMP can sync a single album if you do not use auto sync. Also you could run MP3Tag from a USB stick to ensure that the tags are correct. If Your tags are configured correctly and you put the music files onto the player you should see them

Old 04-20-2011, 08:52 AM

yea but from what i can tell i cant switch to manual sync until after the first time i connect and sync my player. im scared to mess around with it too much because i dont want to lose all my music

Old 04-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauri648 View Post
yea but from what i can tell i cant switch to manual sync until after the first time i connect and sync my player. im scared to mess around with it too much because i dont want to lose all my music
Read the Help files for WMP. It should tell you how to switch back to manual.

Tags
adding music, changing programs, new computer