android
Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Talking Cowon D3 running Android 2.3 in April :D

Hello folks,

I hope I'm not double posting this news but the french site "http://www.journaldugeek.com/" wanted to test the Cowon D3 they received but Cowon told them to wait April until they release a firmware with Android 2.3 .

I'm still not much convinced by the device but it reassures me because I'm doubting the credibility of the device... To tell you everything I'm still waiting for a Cowon smartphone (and I'm not the only one right ?).

I'm particularly affraid of the processor competitivity, you'll note that the Galaxy player has a 1Ghz Hummingbird processor I'm not even speaking about the quantity of RAM. And it's only 200 in France while the D3 is at 350 min .
But I've lived so many things with the J3 I won't stand for anything that's not as good for audio .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Samsung Moderator

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=62218

Old 04-24-2011, 02:24 AM

i don't see how that's possible with a 720mhz cpu and less RAM than a Droid 1. i've stopped using 2.3 roms on mine because it runs terrible. it's even overclocked to 1100, so it's a memory issue. i hope whatever problems are fixed because i'm buying one in June. i need it for my car since my Alpine AV LCD no longer reads discs properly. my Droid 1 headphone jack has either stopped working right or never has, and my PS3 is worthless for playing most burnt movies, HD, and subtitles. it will save me from ever having to buy blank discs again. i think it would be a mistake to try to put 2.3 without hardware upgrades, but 2.2 would be nice.

Tags
2.3, android, cowon, d3