android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon iAudio 9/9+

Old 04-22-2011, 08:20 AM

Default IAudio9 "pretends" to be charging all the time and cannot be turned off.

My Cowon IAudio9 16GB shows some odd.

When I charge it, after some time it shows the "battery full" sign (big, red in the center of the screen). (So far, so good.)

When I unplug it from the power-source, this sign doesn't disappear as it used to.

When I press the "Menu"-Button (on the right side) then I get to the main screen letting me play anything just as usual. (Also good.)

The only odd thing is, that in the top-right corner the battery-display doesn't show the status of the battery, but it show's that it is charching (little battery with a falsh-sign)...even dough it's not plugged into any power-source. And I'm not able to turn the player off... when I try, always the big red "fully charged"-sign shows.

Can anyone help me get my IAudio9 to work properly again?!

Any help is highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Don

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe try re-applying the firmware?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:19 AM

Before Marvin's suggestion I would simply try to reset it, with a paper clip in the reset hole.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Before Marvin's suggestion I would simply try to reset it, with a paper clip in the reset hole.
So the two little rectangular-shaped cutouts on the back of the player, one of them covers a reset hole? I wondered about that, but never tried to open one of them.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 AM

No, the reset hole is next to the USB port, beneath the latch/cover thing.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Now I see it....never noticed it there before. That little cover is annoying....I've toyed with the idea of removing it like you did.

Now that I know there is indeed a reset button, I would certainly suggest the OP heed your advice to try that before the firmware update.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Hi guys,

thanx for your replies.

I already tried the "reset button", but this button only "hard-boots" the device it doesn't reset anything (as far as I read from posts at Cowon Global).

I also upgraded the firmware to "iAUDIO 9 Firmware V1.14"without any problem, but unfortunately that didn't help either.

Then I reformated the device (connect to pc, format drive) and restarted... no change.

I'm still stuck with a iAudio9 that cannot be turned off (except with the reset button) and that pretends to be charging all the time (but it isn't).

Any other ideas? Help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Don