android
Old 02-16-2010, 09:45 AM

Default Problem getting recorded files off of iRiver

Hi All,

I recently joined this forum specifically because I haven't been able to find the solution to this problem online via any other website.

So I used my e100 recently to record a number of songs for a basic demo CD. I hooked up the iRiver to my computer, and listened to the files this way via MediaPlayer. I deleted some files and re-named others PRIOR to actually moving the files to my desktop. Once the files were renamed, I realized that the computer (nor the iRiver) recognized them as valid files. I could no longer play them, or move them, or do anything with them. Now, when I try to sync my iRiver to my computer, it lists absolutely NO files in the "Recordings" file. However, all of the files I recorded are STILL on my iRiver (with their original file names), and I can listen to all of them on the device. They're just in some technical ether and I can't get them off the device.

What did I do, and how do I fix it?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 PM

WOW.

Have you considered copying the contents of your player to a folder on your computer, then formatting your player (using the internal formatter)? After that, transfer everything back, perhaps except for the system files.

I don't know if that would work, but I can't see how it could harm it.

Dan

Tags
8gb, e100, iriver, recording