android
Old 05-08-2011, 06:57 PM

Default Question on audiobooks.

Hello:

I just put an audiobook on my fuze+ but when I navigate to where the book is it show the 237 files as seperate books. Is this normal that one audiobook be displayed 237 audiobooks? I downloaded an id3 tag editor and put all the the files in the same album and renumbered all the tracks. This didn't change anything as far as the player was concerned.

What is the best way to correct this?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Last edited by BCM; 05-08-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 AM

i use my fuze for almost nothing but audiobooks and i *think* i have the same problem, we all do. when i have a book with a lot of files they do all show up individualy but in one location(i only put one audiobook on mine at a time). if you scroll up to #1(and play it) the files will all go in order. its a pain in the neck but as far as i know its the only way. one thing you might try with your tag editor( i use tag&rename) is apply "audiobook" or "audible" genre to the files, and also make SURE the album is the same for ALL files. any difference in album titles and each different title will act like a different book. hope that helps.

Last edited by propagandhi; 05-10-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 AM

The sansa+ is a pain in the neck for audiobooks - at least I find it for myself. There is no way it displaying a multifile book as one (I have tried many different taggings, including the one advised by the helpdesk), nothing works. So you have to merge the small mp3 files into one large (on Linux: cat * > tmp.mp3; ffmpeg -i tmp.mp3 -acodec copy fixedbook.mp3; rm tmp.mp3; on Windows replace cat with something that merges the files in the right order). But then if during listening, you happen to push the left/right button (or the device thinks you have done so), it will jump ahead, and you will have a hard time to get back to where you were playing.
Multifile audiobooks have once been a feature (according to forums), which Sansa found to be too good and removed.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't have a Fuze+ but, have you tried joining all the files of a book to make one large file?? Then play it & switch to something else to see if the player bookmarks where you left off?? I use a free app called Make it One to join mine into one file. http://www.makeitone.net/

Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 PM

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to answer my post, thank you. It seems like the idea of loading more than a single book at time is not a good idea.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 PM

I read on the sansa support forums to put books into the podcast folder - I've tried and it works 75% of the time. I currently have about 10 books in podcasts, with the book as the first layer of organization and the second layer being the individual tracks in order. The audiobooks that still appear in my audiobook menu are still by track in the first layer, leading to the same problem of having 300 tracks to go through from 5 books...

short answer - tag them as podcasts, put them in podcast folder

Old 05-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switzeroo View Post
I read on the sansa support forums to put books into the podcast folder - I've tried and it works 75% of the time. I currently have about 10 books in podcasts, with the book as the first layer of organization and the second layer being the individual tracks in order. The audiobooks that still appear in my audiobook menu are still by track in the first layer, leading to the same problem of having 300 tracks to go through from 5 books...

short answer - tag them as podcasts, put them in podcast folder
Thanks for the tip!