android
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Samsung Moderator

I'm not sure an email is a proof of purchase.
Haven't you bought it in a normal or web store?

Your data may be deleted yes.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM

I bought it of Play.com and I'm not sure I have the original invoice they sent me with the Player. But I do have an email from them that confirms I bought it from them, when I bought it, when it will be delivered, cost of the player and it's product code

What's Samsung's customers service like, would you rate it good or bad?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Samsung Moderator

If you bought it on this webstore, you probably have a customer account where you can still download and print your invoice.
But the best thing to do is to call Samsung and ask them what kind of proof of purchase is required.

And customer's service really depends on the country. I have contact with Samsung France and Korea but for instance I really do not know anything about Samsung USA.
The 2 best are in France and UK. But that doesn't mean it is bad in other countries.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM

I'm from the UK so that's good news
I just hope I can get this sorted soon enough

Again, Thanks for the advice

Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 AM

Default me too

Actually my R1 was MORE unstable when i installed firmware 3.0. I'm sending mine to Samsung to be fixed. They said it would take about 5 days. The headphone that came with it fell apart too. What is up with this player?!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Exactly!
This has happened with a few people and Samsung need to do something about it. I don't want my R1 back because I know it will probably break again

Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
mp3 player that doesn't bring anything to the current Samsung mp3 players range except a smaller size and new interface.

cannot understand how the R1 could be considered better than the P3 just for the 2 reasons above.
let be honest...

interface on nearly all top lvl samsung mp3 players looks like "designed by koreans and for koreans" and is equally awfull. PS: T9 was nice, but its in the past.

I`m really happy to see that samsung is making quite a good progress in the design of bodies (mp3 players, phones) by making them more european-oriented, but there is a huge area for improvement in interface design

size matters: to be more specific - small size matters. c`mon, who needs 3" screen for listening to the music, when 95% of the time the player is in the pocket? what, viewing videos? dont be rediculous - even on the large 4" screens of the modern communicators this is not the best idea.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 AM

hi..

actually my frnd had gifted me a samsung yp r1j cb 9 months back and i hav just downloaded the songs and since then its showing recovering firm ware...

Its a brand new set please help me what i can do for this

plz try to help me as soon as possible

and the customer care people always say tht this model is not yet launched in india...

IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THT IT WILL BE FINE???

Old 08-15-2010, 02:15 PM

Default Mine also freeze up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman93 View Post
My YP-R1 has broke again, last time it took three days, this time it took a day. Same thing happened with it again, it loads up to the R1 bit and then restarts.
I have heard a lot of people have had this problem. This is a serious issue Samsung need to address
Does anyone here own an R1 that has lasted them more than a month?
i bought 2 weeks ago and returned the player to the seller for 3times and got the new one for replace it the broken but the last one stay on for a week after that is freeze up like the others...i live in indonesia and the service centre refuse the guarantee card because they dont have a spare part for it yet..its ridicilous because my player is made in indonesia but the service centre dont have the spare part for it..so what should i do to fix this player..i've done so many times to reset the player but it wont work its still freeze up and the PC dont recognize the player when i plug it...please advice

Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 AM

Candy,
try let the battery discharge completely, and only then connect to pc.
Many times this trick worked

Bye,
Fabrizio

Old 08-22-2010, 10:38 PM

actually i've done this way for the first time and the player done normal...but for this time it didn't worked its totally unrecognize from the PC......

Old 01-16-2011, 06:12 AM

Default recovering firmware - loading - error

Hello

after one week in use my R1 gets the "recovering firmware" issue: After a failed datasync it couldn't be started or connected to my PC. I've sended it back to samsung and one week later (yesterday) it was back with FW3.04. Today I transffered a lot of mp3s to it. The Player was in MPC mode. Than again the datasync crashed and instead a flashing "recovering firmware" the screen says "loading" and "R1" and turned black again - PC connection didn't work too. Now it's going back to repair the second time.

Last time it crashed after transfering a lot of GB at once. How many GB I'm allowed to transfer at once - is there any advice by samsung? Schouldn't a player with 16GB storage be able to handle such an ammount? Is there any hope or way that I may use it without beeing afraid of the datasync crash?

Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 AM

So - finally - after the 3d repair my R1 is functioning very well. They have changed the mainboard - so i think it was an hardware issue. I can also transfer an huge mount of data in msc-mode (I tried 12 GB) without a fatal crash. It is running now without any greater problems for about 4 months.