android
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
21 hours is about standard when a device has WiFi. The J3 set a standard for non-WiFi devices, but it is unfair to compare it's battery life with the D3 or any other android device for that matter. The iPod Touch claims a little better time than the D3, but in reality (I have one) I recharge my Touch more frequently than my D3 even though I'm using them about the same time for the same uses.
Do you have an iPod Touch 4G? I believe the battery life was extended for that model.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, Wifi is easily turned off on the D3. You can do it on the power widget, or in settings.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
21 hours is about standard when a device has WiFi. The J3 set a standard for non-WiFi devices, but it is unfair to compare it's battery life with the D3 or any other android device for that matter. The iPod Touch claims a little better time than the D3, but in reality (I have one) I recharge my Touch more frequently than my D3 even though I'm using them about the same time for the same uses.
Do you mean that with the wi-fi turned off the D3 is able to reach the 64 hours of the J3 ?
If not, it's just a shame according to me. I'm sorry but thoses devices are both music players, I'm not going to compare the D3 with my iphone or any other wi-fi device as I won't use this feature.
I guess I should'nt compare the D3 sound with the S9 one since it doesn't have wi-fi

Well anyway, I jus hope the last firmware will bring performance and autonomy to the D3. I really want to get that device my sansa is quite good but not as good as the D3 in term of sound (or wi-fi ).

Old 04-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Can the wifi be disabled on the D3 as well?
Yes, either in Settings or using a power widget you can place on any screen.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Any new updates lebellium? It's been quite a while since April.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It is half way through May, so I'd expect there to be some action from Cowon in the next week. I've read that the processor and memory used might be a challenge to get android 2.3 optimized for, so that could take them longer.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Samsung Moderator

No news but I'll ask the guy from the JDG, he probably knows more or less the release date

Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 PM

awesome thanx

Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Samsung Moderator

Actually I was wrong. He doesn't know the release date and he doesn't even care about it, he told me that the D3 review is not a priority for the JDG. I sum up: smartphones are the present and future and mp3 players are the past...

Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Know any contacts at Cowon, Lebellium? How about a Samsung employee that is friends with a Cowon employee? So few D3s have been bought (based on forum activity) that any D3 news from Cowon, no matter how round-about, would be welcome.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

Not really. On generationmp3 we had a contact at Cowon, that's how I got the J3 for the review but I did not directly deal with him and I don't know who did among my former colleagues.

Regarding the Samsung employee friend with a guy at Cowon there is little chance. Actually when I talk with my contacts at Samsung France/Korea about the mp3 player market and the competitors etc they never mention Cowon, they hardly know the Cowon products, they don't care about Cowon at all I think lol

Old 05-17-2011, 05:45 PM

Does this mean that a 2.3 update is no longer in the works? I was holding a out a little long, but I'm starting to become extremely frustrated with the hardware.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Samsung Moderator

I think they do work on it but maybe they face some optimization issues as Olley said

Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Updating any android device these days is a crap shoot. The minute you put 2.2 on a device Google releases 2.3. Then before 2.3 out is of diapers they release 2.4. Personally I want them to stop using numbers and instead call the next firmware "Finished!".