android
Old 04-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Just an idea... Why don't you try a "slider bar" for move (think like the audio bar) and a 2nd on-screen trigger for fire making it so you can use the screen for both move and fire....

But to warn you I have seen this tried and it sucked.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vil7ree View Post
Just an idea... Why don't you try a "slider bar" for move (think like the audio bar) and a 2nd on-screen trigger for fire making it so you can use the screen for both move and fire....

But to warn you I have seen this tried and it sucked.
The main issue with this idea is that the screen isn't multi-touch, and since you will want to shoot very frequently you wouldn't be able to really control the movement to the sides at the same time.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 PM

I meant like... erm have you seen Assissans Creed 2 for (oh dear good) iPod Touch? you slide the bar and it stays and then you always move that way (I guess untill you hit the edge of the screen) and use the other press for fire.

As I said before- It doesn't work well in a platformer, let alone a arcade classic

Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vil7ree View Post
I meant like... erm have you seen Assissans Creed 2 for (oh dear good) iPod Touch? you slide the bar and it stays and then you always move that way (I guess untill you hit the edge of the screen) and use the other press for fire.

As I said before- It doesn't work well in a platformer, let alone a arcade classic
Doesn't sound like a great solution to me, sounds like very sloppy control.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM

Why not have the off/lock button to exit...

Old 05-15-2011, 03:02 PM

No use necroing over a year old Dev-thread, chances of it still being in progress are preeeetty slim..

Old 05-25-2011, 12:52 PM

Red face

Good point I will pay more attention in future... :/