android
Old 06-16-2010, 06:22 AM

Default Missing folders in xfi 2 player

hi all. i have an x-fi 2 64gb player and have this problem. when i transfer some albums into the player, they do not appear inside even though you can see the albums on the computer when the player is connected via usb).

some albums which could be seen on the player previously also 'disappeared' upon transferring of more albums (currently about 40gb+ worth of songs) even though the albums can be found on the player when connected via usb (the albums can be found when navigating from the player itself). have checked and the tags seem alright? does anyone have any idea on the cause and solution?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2010, 08:57 AM

I'm not sure what you mean with "not showing up"? You said they could be seen in the File Explorer, and you say they can be found while navigating the player via its tags. What exactly is the problem? The player is totally tag-based in its structure so you can't access folders individually like in the explorer.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I'm not sure what you mean with "not showing up"? You said they could be seen in the File Explorer, and you say they can be found while navigating the player via its tags. What exactly is the problem? The player is totally tag-based in its structure so you can't access folders individually like in the explorer.
hi. the folders can be seen in the file explorer when connected to the pc. however, when disconnected and i scroll through the albums on the player itseld, i can find the albums (even though they were there previously)

Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 PM

If you are sure that the files are tagged properly, I'm not really sure what's going on..

You could try do to a Cleanup and Reboot from the Recovery Menu (hold Home Button while the player is turning on to acces the Recovery Menu).
Please note that this will reset all your settings like EQ, background image, to default.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
If you are sure that the files are tagged properly, I'm not really sure what's going on..

You could try do to a Cleanup and Reboot from the Recovery Menu (hold Home Button while the player is turning on to acces the Recovery Menu).
Please note that this will reset all your settings like EQ, background image, to default.
hi Brett.. what would the cleanup and reboot do? erase all files?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synapse View Post
hi Brett.. what would the cleanup and reboot do? erase all files?
Cleanup only sort of resets the player to default while leaving the files intact, and after the Reboot it indexes the whole memory again. So maybe it will then pickup the albums it left out before.
So no it doesn't erase any files on the player. I'm not really sure what it does exactly, but it sometimes helps when the player is having issues.

When that doesn't work, you can also try Format, but then you will ofcourse loose everything and have to transfer everything again.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:27 AM

I have this problem too. I think there is an 8000 track limit. I have tried cleanup and I know the tracks are tagged appropriatly. I have over 9k tracks but only after u don't show. On the info tag it tells me there are 8000 tracks. Funny to be such a rounded number. Will email creative to find out more, this sucks for a 64gb player.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM

i have 32Gb model and i have the same problem, through explorer i see them, in the player i dont.... at least one album...
in my case i dont think theres a track limit issue beacuse i transfered some new albums after the one that i couldnt find, and i can see those

Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaulmartin View Post
I have this problem too. I think there is an 8000 track limit. I have tried cleanup and I know the tracks are tagged appropriatly. I have over 9k tracks but only after u don't show. On the info tag it tells me there are 8000 tracks. Funny to be such a rounded number. Will email creative to find out more, this sucks for a 64gb player.

hi drpaulmartin.. any reply from creative? fyi i treid the disk cleanup method as suggested by Brett above and I managed to see the missing folders.. then I realised some other folders became missing instead!

Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 PM

Hey im having the same problem with my Creative Zen X-Fi2. Im losing all my music somewhere when i try andcopy it all across. Does anyone have any explanation for whats happening and how to fix it?

Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 PM

I contacted Creative and they confirmed there is a firmware limit of 8000 songs because they assume you're only going to put FLAC on the player. How very Apple of them.