android
Old 02-01-2011, 05:02 PM

That's an incurable disease for x-fi2!
Waiting for the next firmware

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2011, 05:03 PM

doushixuwang. Unfortunately I think you're right. I chased Creative and they said that I should be patient as they are still investigating.
I will chase again on Monday

Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 AM

Guess what, I'm still waiting.....

Old 02-18-2011, 07:22 AM

Default Is anybody able to play FLAC files without skipping after 20mins or so?

I can't, I am running firmware version 1.22.03 and all my files are below 1000Kbps, so if anybody can, please tell me how you are ripping and transferring?
I am trying to ascertain if this is a fault with my individual player, a general firmware issue, or a general processor/memory limitation of the player which cannot be fixed and renders the player unfit for purpose. Customer support have been very poor with their frequency of communication on this and that is being polite.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM

You haven't given up yet?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 AM

No, I'm not giving up.
Creative support have eventually got back to me and said that they have tested FLAC on an x-fi2 and didn't have the skipping problem when they played it back. I have written back to them and offered to send them my player to do an identical test with. Awaiting response and will keep this site updated.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:39 AM

And what is that you're trying to achieve here? For them to admit the X-Fi 2 does not play FLAC properly? I've had those skips as well, I think most of the X-Fi 2 owners have. But tbh there's not much of a point in making them admit so, because I truly doubt it's fixable with another firmware, there's just so much certain hardware can do imo.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 PM

Maybe it's easier to ask for the FLAC file they tested and run that on your own player. Then again, one FLAC file may not cause skipping, it's when you play a whole album the problem occurs.. maybe they should test it with multiple FLAC files in a row, just like their users do..?

They could also just read these forums, because as far as I know everyone's having the same skipping problem. And not a single person has mentioned it worked fine.. except this Creative employee who (supposedly) tried one FLAC track. - still, I would mention that the skipping occurs when listening to full albums.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 AM

sYIt - If it is unable to play FLAC continuously and it's not a firmware issue, then I think they should do a recall on the players and fix them. I bought it in good faith that it could play FLAC as advertised by Creative. Anyway, Creative are claiming that it does work, so maybe it's just a bad batch (fingers crossed).

Brett val - I have made it very clear to them that the issue only occurs after playing back the FLAC converted music continuously for more than 20minutes, but have now asked them to confirm that when they performed their test, that they definitely played back the FLAC converted music continuously for more than 25 to 30minutes.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 AM

You could try reencoding it with maximum compression (to reduce the bitrate).
I just gave up on it and encoded 320kb m4a's (aac)

Loss of quality is undetectable for me even with very good earphones.