android
Old 06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Thinking about selling my Fuze

As much as I really do hate to say this, I haven't used my Fuze in over a month.

My iTouch has more capacity (32G vs 24G), and I can get the same great SQ thru the apps EQu and Equalizer. And with a couple of my headphones, an EQ isn't even required.

I do understand that its good to have a backup player, but I'm thinking maybe its time to switch to Clip+. My idea is to sell my Fuze, and then buy a 2GB Clip+ (w/my 16GB card). The Clip+ will only have my must-have music on it (everything else on card), and will be used for backup or places where my iPod is not needed.

Is there anyone who would recommend the Clip+ over the Fuze? How much do you think the Fuze would sell for?

Or maybe I should just get the Clip+ and decide after if I want to sell the Fuze or not.....

Thanks for the help !

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 PM

My Fuze is collecting dust at the moment.
I'm really liking the clip on the Clip+, using it a lot more than I thought I would. It plays "almost gapless" mp3, better than my rockbox Fuze (standard mp3 not LAME mp3). Also liking the click wheel more than the scroll wheel especially for volume tweaking.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You could probably get about 50 for it, I think. I assume it's in good condition. at least enough to cover your Clip+

Old 06-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
You could probably get about 50 for it, I think. I assume it's in good condition. at least enough to cover your Clip+
What do you base your estimate on? You can find a refurb, not used, for $60 with a 90 day warranty. From a company with a decent return policy. Knowing that would you be willing to pay $50 for it?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As much of a retard that I am, I'm starting to have second thoughts on this. I'm just so curious about the Clip+.

I was thinking 50 bucks would be a reasonable price, but if anyone else has suggestions, be glad to hear it .

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Is there anyone who would recommend the Clip+ over the Fuze?
Uh, how long have I been saying the Clip+ is better than the Fuze....a year or so?

And I haven't looked for a while, but it seems like I recall that if you look a little the 4GB and 2GB are only a few dollars apart...and the 4GB you get all the pretty colors to choose from!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@McDougal: You ditch that Fuze and I won't ever talk to you again.

<Just kidding!>

Dude, totally understand - if you don't use it, why let something go to waste, especially when you can re-coup some funds and at the same time give a great device to someone who can use it/really appreciate it...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Uh, how long have I been saying the Clip+ is better than the Fuze....a year or so?

And I haven't looked for a while, but it seems like I recall that if you look a little the 4GB and 2GB are only a few dollars apart...and the 4GB you get all the pretty colors to choose from!
Newegg is currently running a Sansa promotion for Fathers Day. Free shipping and cheap pair of Panasonic buds thrown it. The 8GB Clip+ sold out fast, but looks like the 4GB and 2GB are still available.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
What do you base your estimate on? You can find a refurb, not used, for $60 with a 90 day warranty. From a company with a decent return policy. Knowing that would you be willing to pay $50 for it?
I just went to Amazon and looked at what the used ones on there were listed at...

If I wanted a Fuze, I'd gladly pay someone I know 50 bucks for it rather than going up to 60 for the refurb or going lower with a used one that I don't know the seller. So I suppose my quote would be only valid if he was going to sell it here, but I assumed he'd give the ABiers a shot first.