android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Other Brands

Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Default where in asia ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ting.mike View Post
What's weird is that you can already buy the Hisound Studio here in Asia. I had a chance to review it, but I couldn't write anything as I could not find a 3.5mm cable that will fit the Studio's deeply recessed 3.5mm connector. Was that a beta version? I don't know, but I don't think Hisound should be selling a beta product to consumers.
Cheers.
hey mike , where in asia can u buy the hisound studio ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-12-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
If you're in for linearity and don't care for sound enhancements, the Clip, Clip+, or Fuze are faithful-to-the-source sounding players. Some of those can be Rockboxed, while for others a Rockbox port is in the works as we speak - making them in my (an many others) opinion even better players, if you like configurability of pretty much every aspect of your player.

They play FLAC just fine, no matter if stock firmware or Rockbox. Some people seem to have good gapless results with the stock firmware and FLAC as well. The stock firmware might drain more battery than Rockbox for FLAC playback. Rockbox is perfectly gapless anyways, with pretty much any format.

Unfortunately Sony don't support any decent formats, they're a bit dumbed down, firmware-wise. I wish there was a Rockbox port for some Sony player, that would be extremely awesome.

The rest of the players I know, Cowon, Samsung, Creative, Trekstor, iPod, Meizu, etc, aren't as faithful as the two above mentioned brands at audio reproduction. They all have more or less flawed DACs, or botched analog output stages. Some of them can be made to sound decent with the help of a dedicated headphone amp, like most Cowon players, for example.
I plan to get hifiman 601, so hifiman 601 isn't a "faithful-to-the-source sounding player" ?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleskin View Post
I plan to get hifiman 601, so hifiman 601 isn't a "faithful-to-the-source sounding player" ?
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...Hifiman+HM-601

Old 06-12-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Ok, first, I heard the amp3 dap is a giant hyped dap with ton of bugs, now I see this thread and that put hifiman in same place too, also a giant hyped dap

So, if I'm looking for a nicer sq for my sansa clip+ and fuze, which dap should I bought ? or which portable amp ?

Use them with my yuin pk 3 and probably yuin pk1 in the future (plan to get one)

NO IEM, I hate IEMs

My genres are newage, easy listening, symphony metal opera, progessive metal, lounge, spanish guitar, harp

Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
No it isn't. It performs measurably and audibly different than DAPs that cost a fraction of it's price and are superior in just about every other way.

Recent test results and discussion are in the link Marv provided. There's links in that thread to explanations by the maker as to why they consider what they produce is worth the ridiculous price.

None of them convince me in the least. If after reading through that thread and the links included you may decide to buy one anyway. At least you'll be able to make a more informed decision.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
No it isn't. It performs measurably and audibly different than DAPs that cost a fraction of it's price and are superior in just about every other way.

Recent test results and discussion are in the link Marv provided. There's links in that thread to explanations by the maker as to why they consider what they produce is worth the ridiculous price.

None of them convince me in the least. If after reading through that thread and the links included you may decide to buy one anyway. At least you'll be able to make a more informed decision.
At which page, the link to the explanations by the makers ?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
At which page, the link to the explanations by the makers ?
Whoops! My bad.

I should have taken a closer look at the thread Marv linked to. The thread I thought he meant is here. The link is in post #11. The linked to explanation is interesting on it's own but the rest of that thread is well worth reading before you make a decision.