android
Old 04-29-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Back screws fell out

Anybody have a suggestion on where I could find some of the little screws that hold the back cover on? A couple of mine fell out after a couple of days of use, and Sandisk basically blew me off telling me to go to Home Depot and buy some. Home Depot wouldn't have anything near that small. The other two screws were loose as well, but I tighted them before they got lost. It was just bad assembly.

I tried Radio Shack with no luck. I'm wondering if they might be similar to eye glasses screws.

I really don't want to RMA this thing for two little screws, but it's kind of annoying that they wouldn't just mail me a couple.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah I had the same problem with my screws loosening I lost one but I had a broken sansa that I took screws from for it sadly I don't have anymore of those screws
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 04-29-2007, 11:06 PM

Why on earth would the screws be loose? If that happened to me I would seriously wonder if someone had been messing with the player before I bought it. I'd hate to think that Sandisk's manufacturing standards were THAT sloppy...

The Home Depot suggestion was just stupid.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBob View Post
Why on earth would the screws be loose? If that happened to me I would seriously wonder if someone had been messing with the player before I bought it. I'd hate to think that Sandisk's manufacturing standards were THAT sloppy...

The Home Depot suggestion was just stupid.
I have no idea why they were loose. It came from Amazon that way. I was lucky they didn't all fall out, as once I saw the two holes I could twist the other two with the flats of my fingers when I pressed on them, no screwdriver needed.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 PM

Have you tried a jeweler that works on eye glasses?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-01-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Have you tried a jeweler that works on eye glasses?
I was going to take it to a optometry place next. I have been traveling for work and haven't had an opportunity yet.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Prod...o.aspx?ID=1988

Quote:
The battery replacement kit comes with a rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery, screw driver, and four back plate screws. The Lithium Ion Battery provides 20 hours of playback time and is certified and designed for the Sansa e200 Series MP3 player. Sansa e200 Series Battery Replacement Kit is guaranteed for best performance.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Many of the hardware stores in my area have cabinets of machine screws in quite a few sizes. I wouldn't give up on this so easily. Ray's suggestion of trying a jeweler isn't a bad option either. You might also hunt around online for sellers of small parts.

It's hard to believe that they installed the wrong size screws in your e200, but I suppose that's possible. We'll assume you didn't strip the standoff threads. If so, then you're well and truly screwed.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_works View Post
It's hard to believe that they installed the wrong size screws in your e200, but I suppose that's possible. We'll assume you didn't strip the standoff threads. If so, then you're well and truly screwed.
There're not the wrong size, just very loose from the factory. I'm probably going to put a bit of clear fingernail polish on them (or maybe some of the weaker loctite that isn't hard to break free) when I find some more.

Ray, thanks for the link. I'd hate to have to buy a battery for some extra screws. However, if I can't find what I need, I may use that as an argument with Sandisk that they do have them available in that kit.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Default Sansa e280 8GB screws fell out

Was there a resolution to this thread? I just realized I only have one screw left in the back (total 4) of my Sansa. I discovered this when I saw the 2nd from the last screw fly into the snow as I pulled the player from my pocket.

Did the jeweler/optometrist option work out?

Thanks,

RWORR

Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM

I highly recomend going to a place where they fix glasses or some type of hardware store that carries a large variety of screws. There are also stores called "Fastenal" that carry nothing but fasteners of all shapes and sizes. Here is their site: www.fastenal.com/web/products.ex maybe you can find a B&M one near you.

You could also just buy the replacement battery package...... then you will have both the battery and screws ...... as you know that the player is now being sold as a discontinued item. I don't know how much longer the batteries will be available.

Personally I have never had an issue with the screws coming loose on my e250 but then again mine doesn't get jostled around very much.

Good luck with your hunt. I may also suggest using something like "lock tight" when you do find the right sized screws, to prevent further loss.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 AM

my dad ownes a glasses store im gonna ask him if he has screws that he could bring hope one works