android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Default Just got a new 16gb Sandisk brand class 4 microsd card. Operates weirdly on fuze!

For the last 18 months prior to this I had an 8gb transcend card that worked just fine. Read in rockbox, was fast, and everything else.

Just recently I picked up a $25 16gb microsd card on Amazon.com and tried it in my fuze. Rockbox doesn't read it at all and in the of (of which I have 02.20.26a or something like that) it operates very erratically. It won't read all the files, will take 1 hour to refresh, etc.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? And if anyone here does have a working 16gb card could you please tell me which brand and class speed it is?

Thank you very much.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM

Check the card for errors with h2testw, and reformat it with the sdcard.org formatter. Those two apps might give you clues as to what is wrong with the card.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I have two genuine SanDisk 16GB cards that are both class 2. I wasn't aware that they sold a class 4.....makes me wonder if yours is real or not.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:13 AM

first of all, what brand is your card? if it doesnt have any Brand name written on it, i guess its your turn to return it to amazon as a fzke and get a new one.
BTW, i have a Sandisk 16GB Class 4 microSDHC. Class 4 gives me write speeds upto 3.4-3.7MBps when transferring songs.

Also, i had the same problem with my RockBoxed sansa fuze.My new 16GB card was read on the Original firmware, but not on RockBox. so i removed rockbox and installed the current Build (the less stable daily ones) and then again went back to the 3.7.1 build. and it started reading the MicroSD card.

dfkt is totallly right, try the above programs if it doesnt work for u still.
best of luck

Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM

I have 16gb & 32gb cards. Both Sandisk & both work fine in my two Fuzes & e200's. AFAIK, both are class 2.
Was it sold by Amazon or someone through Amazon? Maybe just return it?

Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Just wanna chime in and thank everyone for the advice.

I just got a brand new Fuze (apparently v1) and a 16 gig SD card, branded SanDisk. The card worked fine in my computer's SD reader, and I copied just over 9 gig of music onto it. Played a file near the end and it played back fine on Windows.

But the Fuze refused to recognize it. Updated the firmware, but no change. Formatted with SDFormatter and now it's working fine.

Problems with SD cards seem to be popping up here every couple of months on this board. You might want to create a "Troubleshooting SD Cards" sticky with links to h2testw and SDFormatter as the first steps.

Drake