android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 AM

Unhappy Zen 8GB, firmware update fails, does anyone have an older firmware version?

Hi evveryone, have gone through all the usual stuff and I can get to recovery screen, clean & reformat - when I try to apply firmware update I get the update failed message from the lastest firmware file...was going to try an older version, but creative have removed the files!!
This was in trying to fix a problem where the unit starts up, the word creative flashes up & then disappears. No 'ZEN' appears, and the unit seems to hang on a DARK screen, requiring a reset.

Any help would be very much appreciated by me and my upset son

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 PM

I'm uploading ZEN_PCFW_L22_1_13_01.exe and ZEN_PCFW_L22_1_21_03.exe to Filefactory for you to download. Filefactory has a 7 day period of inactivity fyi for anonymous uploads so I'd get on it if I were you. Both firmwares are zipped up in one file to be 35MB. Both are .EXE. Obviously 1_13_01 is the oldest one.

Oh, just to be clear, this is for Creative ZEN 4, 8, 16 or 32 GB Zens right? What version do you have?

Here is the file URL:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc548aa/n/Firmwares_ZEN_PCFW_L22_1_13_01_and_ZEN_PCFW_L22_1_ 21_03_.zip

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find the download link - ignore the spam BS.

Follow-up and let me know if this works for you.

Last edited by chaosdivine; 07-13-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added the part about the kind of Zen

Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Please pay attention to the dates on posts you are bumping. There's no need to reopen thread like this one. You are asking questions of a person that has not been here since the date of that single post. They won't even receive an email notification of this.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:53 PM

As a MOD, can't you delete or mark the thread closed? I'm not bumping for my own joy - just trying to help.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Administrator

It's each members responsibility to discover whether their posts have a relevance to the current situation. A simple check of the date and the member's public profile will let you make that call. We don't try to go through the thousands of old posts here to try to keep members from trying to answering them.

However in this case, thread closed

Last edited by skip252; 07-14-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Closed Thread