android
Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Default 8GB Fuze buttons not working

I've had my sansa fuze for nearly 4 years now, and back when I first got it I accidentally spilled water on the wheel so it got stuck. I found a way to fix the wheel, but ever since then the middle button to click still doesn't work making it unable to even use.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2011, 10:17 AM

I spilled coffee on mine and the wheel performance is now laggy and annoying. I was going to ask a similar question. I was thinking about spraying it with contact solution? anyone out there have a safe suggestion that will not ruin the device and help clean it out?

edit: I gave a few blasts of contact cleaner (from Radio Shack) around the scroll wheel (after taking out my 32gb micro sd card) and used a micro fiber cloth for excess fluid. Success! I think it scrolls faster than ever now.

Last edited by idivorceyou; 07-13-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: fixed the problem!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idivorceyou View Post
edit: I gave a few blasts of contact cleaner (from Radio Shack) around the scroll wheel (after taking out my 32gb micro sd card) and used a micro fiber cloth for excess fluid. Success! I think it scrolls faster than ever now.
Cool, that's similar to what I did. But do you think it will fix the middle button too? I can't click on anything even though I got the scroll wheel to work making it useless.

ETA: Your solution really helped. I just sprayed some disc cleaner in the wheel and all the buttons work much better now. Thanks.

Last edited by DCY; 07-14-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Fixed it!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM

glad to have been any help at all.
I freaked out when I did the coffee spill. I googled what to do when you spill on an electronic device. I read about isopropyl alcohol, WD 40, but on my guitar amps, I use contact cleaner to great success. I went for it.

Glad you are up and running, too.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idivorceyou View Post
glad to have been any help at all.
I freaked out when I did the coffee spill. I googled what to do when you spill on an electronic device. I read about isopropyl alcohol, WD 40, but on my guitar amps, I use contact cleaner to great success. I went for it.

Glad you are up and running, too.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had tried everything I could think of and researching didn't help. Never would have thought to do that.

Thanks again.